need

-don't forget to comment!
-and add to your library!
-I'm changing a bit up in this chapter, so it will stray a bit from the original story line from tcw

'𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙬𝙣. 𝙄𝙛 𝙄 𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙞𝙛 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙?'

-Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol

The corridors on Kamino were never known to be comforting. They were bleach-white and lined with sleek doors, windows, or lights as if to remind everyone each and every day that this was not a home, but a facility. As (Y/n) walked side by side with her master, she yearned for the love and comfort she always gave her boys. She wanted to be hugged and spoken to like she wasn't just a Jedi, but a human. A real, living, breathing human with emotions. 

The Jedi Code may call for zero attachments and zero emotions, but that never stopped (Y/n) from feeling. Seeing Tup die like that made (Y/n)'s heart fill with sorrow. It hurt to see her friend go, especially because his death was partially on her, but it hurt more to know that Fives would be arrested. Instead of having (Y/n) take part of the blame, he shouldered the entire burden for her, told her he would be alright, and disappeared somewhere in the facility. Where, (Y/n) didn't know. Her mind was again clouded, and her heart, weighing heavy in her chest. 

He saved her but she couldn't save him.

"Do not be sad (Y/n)." Shaak Ti said. She paused in her step and placed a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "I understand that this is a hard time for you. If Fives is not proven guilty, then we will have nothing to worry about." Shaak offered a smile for her padawan. The pain in (Y/n)'s heart cut deep, and with each step she took, Shaak felt her it increase. It was contagious too, because being in her presence caused Shaak to share the burden. "Why don't you rest for the remainder of the day?" 

(Y/n) didn't argue. She didn't have the strength to. "I...I'm sorry for being a bother Master." Shaak stared into (Y/n)'s watery eyes with a soft smile. She wanted to with all her heart to wrap her arms around (Y/n) and tell her it would be okay. She didn't though, as that wouldn't be appropriate for a Jedi Master, so instead, she opted to send her to the clones who could offer what she couldn't. "A few cadets should be on break at this time." Shaak didn't need to finish her sentence for (Y/n) to understand. 

"Thank you Master." (Y/n) stiffly bowed and turned on her heel. Shaak kept her gaze trained on (Y/n) until she disappeared out of her sight. (Y/n) made her way through the halls, dragging her feet as she went along. It wasn't long when she arrived at the cadet dorms. As soon as those doors whooshed open, she was met with smiling faces. "(Y/n)! You're back!" She closed the door behind her and waved at Sparky. He in return sprang from his bed and wrapped her in a tight hug. 

(Y/n)'s cool facade melted at the sight of the children. Around them, she wore her heart on her sleeve, and that also meant allowing her walls to fall. "Hey Sparky, boys." She tried to be as informal as possible. "What's going on?" One of the boys eyed her. A frown replaced his smile and he folded his arms across his chest. "What happened (Y/n)? You don't look so good." 

"Val's right." another boy, Pepper, said. "You look like you haven't slept since last century." Sparky released (Y/n) and pulled her to his bunk. His brothers hopped off their own and joined him to be side by side. Val leaned his back against the wall. "Were you crying?" 

"No." (Y/n) blurted. That peaked the boys' attention.

"You said that way too fast."

"That's a lie."

"That's exactly what someone who's been crying would say." 

Val eyed (Y/n) carefully, as if he worried he'd provoke her. Although young, he was known to be one of the smartest cadets around. "What happened?" (Y/n) blinked a little. She took a shaky breath to settle her nerves before saying, "Remember Tup from the 501st? You boys saw him once when he came to drop something off for me."

"Yeah. He's the ponytail dude." Pepper said. (Y/n) nodded. "He's..." The words choked in her throat.

Pepper frowned. On days (Y/n) was too busy to talk to him, he'd watch her go about her day from afar, only waving if no one were looking. He saw how her shoulders stiffened as she walked in the halls, and how formal her speech patterns became.
But around him and his brothers? She spoke freely, acted like her, and became an absolute angel. Her boys were crying? She'd drop everything and rush to their sides. They were hurt? Stressed? She'd treat those wounds and then bake them something sweet to eat (which in the eyes of the Kaminoans was illegal). "It's going to be okay." Val said. His voice came out as almost a whisper as he inched closer to (Y/n)'s side. He wrapped his arms tightly around (Y/n)'s shoulders and pulled her into a hug.

When he cried that was what (Y/n) had done. She never scrutinised him for breaking his facade and showing emotions. She never scolded him or enforced the 'ideal' stereotype of a perfect solder. She treated him and his brothers as people, not objects, and not numbers. (Y/n) had always been there for him. This time, it was his turn to be there for her.

Pepper and Sparky joined the group hug. "You still have us." Sparky said with a smile. "Yeah, we'll always be here for you." added Pepper.
"Fives...." (Y/n) muttered. She wrapped her arms tightly around Pepper, Sparky, and Val. At the slightest sound of (Y/n)'s voice, their hearts shattered. They would never understand her pain until they were older, but that didn't mean they couldn't share her sorrow. "I helped him with something that got us in trouble, and he took all the blame. They're telling me he'll be arrested, but nothing else. I don't know what's going to happen to him and I fear it's my fault. He's such a wonderful person...and he's always been there for me, you know?" 

"Yeah." Val said. "If there's anything we can do, we'll help you. Right guys?" Pepper and Sparky vigorously nodded. "You bet. We may be cadets, but we're smart cadets." (Y/n) wrapped her arms tighter around the boys, squishing them close to her sides. "You boys are wonderful and deserve so much more." Pepper smiled. "You always say that." 
"Because it's true."

There was a comfortable silence the group settled in. No words needed to be said because they all knew they were safe in each other's arms. The moment soon broke when the screeching of sirens filled their ears. (Y/n) jolted to her feet, hand instinctively reaching for her lightsaber. It wasn't likely for there to be a breech in such a high-security facility, and the last time the Separatists attacked had been many, many rotations ago. So what could have happened?

(Y/n) froze, a face flashing in her mind. "Fives." 

"You think this has to do with Fives?" Sparky inquired. (Y/n) opened her mouth to reply, but as soon as the blaring had started, it stopped. "I'll investigate." (Y/n) said. Pepper knitted his brows together. "Then we're coming too!"

"No." Val interjected. "We'll get in trouble because training starts in five minutes." Sparky pursed his lips into a pout. "But I want to help (Y/n)!" Said Jedi smiled in reply. She patted her boys on the head, giving their hair a good ruffle. "Well, I don't want to see any of you in trouble. How about this?" She knelt in front of them, her bright eyes bouncing between the trio. "If I need help, I promise to contact you, but only if you stay out of trouble?"

There was a beat of silence as the three turned to each other. "Alright. Sounds good to me." Val piped up. "Promise me you won't get in trouble either?" He stuck out his pinkie finger, an inquisitive shine in his honey eyes. (Y/n) chuckled, intertwining her finger with his. "Promise."

"If you break it, you have to make us some cookies." 

(Y/n) lightly chuckled, a carefree smile falling onto her lips. "You got it, buddy."