open arms

-what do you think so far?
-also, how are we feeling, Clone Wars fandom?
-I still have not emotionally recovered from s7
-slight Fives x reader?

'𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣. 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚, 𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙛 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚.'

-She will be Loved, Maroon 5

As everyone had hoped, (Y/n) recovered swiftly. She was now in perfect physical condition. Despite knowing this, Master Jedi Shaak Ti couldn't help but worry because she knew (Y/n) was in fact not fine. Whenever she passed her dear padawan in the halls, there seemed to be a dark shroud clouding her aura, as if someone besides herself were physically there.

As if the Dark Side were influencing her.

But that couldn't be, Shaak Ti thought. This was (Y/n) she was talking about, the kind and compassionate padawan known as 'Kamino's Angel'. If the Dark Side truly were attempting to influence her, then (Y/n) would be resisting. Shaak Ti relaxed. Yes, she had to have faith (Y/n). She was more than just a padawan. She was strong in heart and mind, as well as immensely skilled in both combat and the Force. With that thought in mind, Shaak Ti turned back to where her focus should be on: Clone trooper Tup.

His 'malfunction', as the Kaminoans called it, caused his behaviour to shift and become irregular. Whatever happened, it caused Tup to kill Jedi Knight Tiplar. Shaak thought that to be disturbing. Clones were loyal, heck, that was what they were known for. Loyalty meant everything to the clones. As the doors swished open, Shaak broke from her thoughts. "What did you need--" (Y/n) cut herself short, eyeing the straps tightly bound around Tup. "What happened?" Shaak, sensing the distress in her heart, made her way over to (Y/n).

"Do not worry," Shaak calmly said, "he is only being run through a few tests." (Y/n) furrowed her brows. "Tests? Why? Is he alright?" Shaak mulled over her words, a careful shine in her eyes. She hesitated before saying, "Fives is in the room over. I suggest you say hello." (Y/n) wanted to be happy, but she sensed he was here for all the wrong reasons. "He will be happy to see you." Shaak added, gently guiding (Y/n) into the hall. She opened a door to the room over before returning to Tup's operation room. She hoped (Y/n) wouldn't take anything too badly.

When (Y/n) walked into the room, Fives didn't know what to say. He would have smiled on a normal day, but today was not a normal day. Deep down, he hoped to avoid (Y/n). Fives didn't want her to know about what Tup did, or of the possibility that he could be sentenced to death. (Y/n) must have sensed his worry, because she closed the door and appeared by his side, taking no time in seating herself next to him on the hovering operation table.

"What happened?" she quietly inquired. Fives melted. The softness combined with concern made Fives's pulse quicken. He gripped the edge of the operation table and swung his legs back and forth under it. Gosh, was it just him or was it getting warm in here? Fives shook his head to ground himself in the present. He had more things to worry about than stupid crushes. "(Y/n)," Fives paused. "Tup...Tup killed General Tiplar."

(Y/n) knitted her brows. "Tup did what?" Fives hesitantly explained what went down on the battlefield earlier that day. Rather than worrying over reliving the memories, Fives worried about how (Y/n) would choose to react.

"I do not believe it." (Y/n) blankly said. "Tup would never." Fives wrung his hands out nervously and picked at loose threads on his scratchy red and black long-sleeved shirt. Of course (Y/n) wouldn't want to believe him, he thought. Tup was like the baby brother she never had. After a few moments of pained silence, (Y/n) spoke up again. "You said he kept saying 'good soldiers follow orders'. I want to say he was brainwashed, but there is no evidence to support my theory. Besides that, I know Tup--that is not him. He wouldn't hurt a fly." Fives shrugged with a long sigh. "That's what I think too, but...why? What would the Seppies want with Tup?"