missing them

-we are so close to blowing that space station out of the galaxy
-let's get this b r e a d
-okay, so like, I get sound doesn't travel in space, but this is Star Wars
-this is the longest chapter I've made so far (roughly 3,611 words, or 9.1 pages long)

'𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨...'

-𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨

The buzzing energy was the first thing (Y/n) sensed in the rusty hanger of the base. Pilots and mechanics rushed about, shoving carts into storage rooms or tweaking X-wings in the remaining half hour before lift-off. (Y/n) awkwardly stood in the midst of the Rebels, rubbing her arm and fiddling with her sleeves. She fit right in, yet didn't at the same time. Internally, she knew this wasn't the place for a Jedi, but her mind told her this was the environment she grew in. Jedi weren't supposed to get involved in wars, that was all she knew as a padawan. She grew up around clones, learnt their ways and spoke a bit like them, and became a 'saint' of Kamino.

(Y/n) shook her head uncertainly and made her way over to Han's ship. It fumed with smoke as sparks flew from the control panels, but besides that, the hunk of junk looks to be doing well. "Han," she greeted. "You are leaving?" He pushed a cart towards Chewie with a dismissive roll of his eyes. "Yeah, you here to stop me like Luke?"

"Stop you?" (Y/n) shook her head with a short sigh. "If that is your choice, I cannot say I can change it." Han paused and eyed (Y/n)'s bright orange suit. He looked like he wanted to say something deep, but it came out as, "Orange doesn't suit you." (Y/n) chuckled a little to keep the mood light. She raised an arm, grimacing at the plastoid material. "I know, it makes me look like a can of spray paint." Han pursed his lips together, briefly turning to Chewie and motioning for him to push the crates onto the ship. "You know, I thought Jedi were legends until I met you."

(Y/n) blinked in disbelief. "Is that...is that so?" Han nodded. "Guess the Empire has a fad for brainwashing the people. Take care of yourself, Space Wizard. It'd be a shame for you to die out there."

"I do not plan on doing so. I have unfinished business that cannot wait." Han nodded in understanding. "Well don't go around getting yourself killed. Take care, alright?" (Y/n) smiled warmly. "Same to you, Han, Chewie." She waved them goodbye, turning on her heel and making her way across the hanger. Once she set eyes on her dingy X-wing, she wasn't sure if it would hold up in a space battle. It was quite rusty and needed a good touch-up on paint. "It doesn't look like an 'x'." she mumbled to herself.

"(Y/n)!"

She whipped around, catching sight of Luke as he sprinted over with a bright grin. A familiar R2 unit followed behind, sprouting bleeps and bloops too fast for (Y/n) to understand. "Luke," she greeted. "I was not expecting to see you." He smiled, stopping in front of her as R2 pulled up behind. She didn't need anyone to tell her that her face had lit up like a star, the corners of her lips were already pulling into a grin. Even though she had seen him a week and a half ago, it felt like forever since she'd actually gotten to talk to the droid. "Someone told me I've been switched onto your team." he said. "Oh, and R2 wanted to say hi. He told me he knows you." (Y/n) bent down with a smile. "Hello there, buddy. How have you been?"

"Beep boo-boo-beep!"

She patted his head affectionately. "That's wonderful to hear." Luke smiled fondly before casting a glance to the X-wing. He raised his brow teasingly and said, "You sure you can handle this X-wing?" (Y/n) nodded, a smirk painting over her grin. "Of course. I was taught how to fly by the best pilot in the galaxy."