forty-two.

"Wow" was the first thing that came out of Suna's mouth once he saw me walking out from the lobby. The metallic silver dress that Atsumu bought for me fit perfectly on me; revealing the curve of my body. "You're... Gorgeous" the corner of his lips curved up into a smile. "No, you're joking" I scoffed. Compliments surely made me feel a little awkward. "I'm being serious" he straightened his back from leaning against the car. "You bought it?" Suna quirked an eyebrow, looking at me from head to toe. I hummed, shaking my head as a no. "It was from Atsumu" I sighed softly. "I see" he hummed as well.

"Isn't it quite revealing?" he asked again. "Well, if you're coming with your boyfriend, then it's understandable. Do you think your boyfriend would be or act possessively when he saw you in this dress? And the fact that you're coming with me instead of him..." Suna crossed his arms, eyes looking down at me. I pursed my matte red lips and sighed again. "Maybe he would change his mind if he saw me wearing the dress that he gave" I formed a smile. It wasn't a really confident smile yet I was trying to be positive about it. Suna slipped a hand into his pocket, nodding his head. "Alright, if you said so" he smiled.

Suna took my hand and pulled me, walking across the front of his Mustang before he opened the passenger door. "I promise that I will never let myself seeing you drop a single tear tonight" he stared at me. I looked at his eyes, he meant that. His expression, it showed nothing but seriousness. He cares about me, he's still concerned. My lips stretched, forming a sincere smile upon my lips. "Thank you so much, Rin" I said before getting into the car.

***

Suna pulled the handbrake once the car entered the parking spot. I don't know why but my heart was racing. The nervousness in me started to rise. My hands were sweaty. Suna unbuckled his seatbelt and turned his head to look at me; funny how he easily noticed mg odd behavior. "You're okay?" he asked with his head tilted sideways slightly. I looked up at him and gave a forced smile. "You're nervous?" he rested his forearm on the steering wheel, his body turned facing me. I took a deep breath. "It's just... It'd be better if I'm coming with him. Well since he's my boyfriend" I sighed. Suna cleared his throat, turning his body facing to the front back. I quickly looked at him, "No, I don't mean to..."

"I understand. Don't worry" he cut me off. "Let's go. Just calm down and enjoy yourself tonight, okay?" Suna looked at me in the eyes. Again, I flashed a smile and nodded my head, "I will" I said.

"Suna Rintarou and L/N Y/N" Suna told the person in charged at the registration table; she looked for our names and marked them. "Come" he led me to the entrance door. The prom was held at a rented ballroom near to our campus; Saeko was the one who proposed this venue. Our president knew what's best for our faculty. My heart started racing again and I could see a ridiculous crowd of people inside. I can't deny, my eyes did linger around to catch Atsumu's figure yet I failed because there were so many people and I started to feel nervous again. Suna observed my panicked self, giggling at my behavior. "What did I say about calm down?" he cackled. "There are so many people" I whined softly. "Of course, it's a prom after all. Not a private party" he mocked me. I rolled my eyes playfully.

Suna slipped his hand in mine and interlaced our fingers. My eyes followed his hand, looking at our locked hands as he held my hand tight. "I'm here, okay? Come, let's get in" he smiled and pulled me into the hall.

Lights. Loud music. People chattering and dancing. Smells of cigarettes and alcohol. These all filled the entire hall, making the hall looked a little chaotic but that's one of this event's purposes. Suna led me to meet with the high committees; Saeko, Kiyoko, Yachi, Daichi, and the others- well, it's to notify them about our attendances though.

"Oh my God, y/n! You're stunning!" Yachi squealed and hugged me as soon as we met. "No, I'm not. You are" I humbly said with a soft chuckle. "Yachi's right, y/n. You looked so beautiful" Suga interrupted after taking a sip of his drink. "Hm, you're gorgeous" Daichi, who was standing next to Suga added up. I looked at both of my seniors standing in front of me and smiled, bowing after as a sign of thank you. Honestly, I'm so bad at reacting to compliments so a thank you would be enough, I guess?