fifty-eight.

notes:
i recommend you to listen to the playlist i made specially for osamu before you start reading. i don't know if it's only me but it fits the chapter, his feelings.

or listen to these songs in order:
1. 愛,存在 (Love, Exists) - 魏奇奇 (Wei Qiqi)
2. オレンジ (Orange) - 7!!
3. A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be - Jess Benko
4. The Truth Untold - BTS
5. Lost Without You - Freya Ridings

>>>

OSAMU'S POV

"Are you okay?" I asked, hand slipping in hers to interlace our fingers together. She stared down at our locked hands before letting out a sigh. "He'll be there, am I right?" her head cocked up to meet my eyes.

She's still not over it.

I hummed, "But he's changed, y/n..."

"He's still the one who caused chaos to my relationship , Samu" she cut me off. "Forced Akari to break me and Atsumu off and even abused her. If it's not because of him, me and Atsumu wouldn't break..." she stopped, quickly looking up at me. "Samu... I'm sorry. I..." she stuttered.

She still loves him. That will never change. Even when she said she'll try to look and notice me, at the end of the day, Atsumu will still be winning this.

Why am I still trying?

I forced my lips to stretch, forming a smile. "It's fine, y/n. I understand" I was still forced to smile, even if it hurts me.

It was indeed. It did hurt me, her words. I could tell that even if she's with me, Atsumu is the only thing that she has in mind. It's always him who she's been thinking every single time.

Again, why am I even trying?

Slowly I removed my hand off hers and released the handbrake. "He's... Changed, y/n. He's my friend, I know him" I murmured. "I was there witnessing him recovering from his illness" I hummed.

Y/N looked at me and sighed, "If you said so" she shrugged.

It was Mika's engagement party with Daishou two months after Suna gotten freed and we were both invited. Being in this cold and awkward silence with y/n wasn't planned and wanted at all. I didn't know she's still angry at Suna. It's understandable yet, people tend to make mistakes and it is also has been two years and two months.

She was quiet, head facing to the window on her left side. I glanced at her. Did I upset her? Was I too harsh?

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, breaking the silence between us. She only shook her head as a response. "Yeah, you are" I murmured. My hand gripped on the wheel tighter and I heaved. "I'm sorry if any of my words offend you. I was just... Defending a friend"

"I'm also a friend" she replied coldly.

A friend. That's how you described yourself to me? When you knew it yourself that you're not someone I'm seeing as a friend for now.

I forced a smile and nodded my head. "You're right" I sighed.

***

I got off from the car, fixing my dress afterward. Osamu walked across the front of his car to get me in his embrace. "Y/N..." he called my name softly. He held me tight and close to him, one hand placed at the back of my head and the other one supporting me on my back. "I hate this. I hate it when you're being cold at me. I hate arguing with you" he muttered.

That kinda surprised me. I mean, I didn't expect that. I wasn't really mad at him, just the thought of Suna is out now pissed me off. He's still the bad guy in my eyes. He once fooled me with his change and innocent side but I can't let him to fool me again. I have my own trust again towards him.