ch. 18

tw (trigger warning): abusive parents & toxic masculinity, wounds/scars (things like that), and a bit of blood

(although i tried my best to avoid triggering words haha, i recommend skipping it if you have a trigger towards wounds and scars bc the main point of this chapter are those subjects). check the end for a summary of what happened if you'd like :)

<3 - abusive parents

xxx - mention of injuries/wounds

------

tae p.o.v

my parents didn't show up to school again, so i had to walk home. at least it isn't too far. pretty boy insisted to walk me home, but i told him that it's fine. jimin was probably waiting for him anyways.

i sigh at the thought of him. jimin...

i miss him a lot. i really do wish things were like before, just me and him laughing under the shade of the trees in the park during our breaks. my parents didn't approve of our relationship, so we had to break up.

jimin made me soft, and they wanted me to be a "man." also because they're slightly homophobic, but they focused more on "being a man."

i don't have feelings for jimin anymore, but i really hope that someday we can become friends once again. my parents' standards are wack, and i'm starting to think it was all an excuse so that they could beat me up for a reason. a dumb one at that.

i arrive at the house, hesitating to put my key in and open it. i hoped that they wouldn't be home to yell at me. i take a deep breath and unlock the door. i saw my dad was drinking as usual, as "men do." my mom was washing the dishes and was the first one to greet me. it was a surprisingly peaceful day.

<3

that peaceful day which was interrupted by my dad's screams, noticing the bruise on my neck under my hoodie. i curse under my breath as he stood up and grabbed me by the collar. "WHO THE FUCK MARKED YOU? MEN DON'T GET MARKED, YOU SOFTIE."

he smelled like toxic masculinity and beer. gross. he started to unbuckle his belt to tie me up, knowing very well i would fight him (as i have before, not for survival purposes but rather because i thought it was what men do); and my mom walks over to join in.

<3

------------

i lie in bed, too sore to move around. they went out again, leaving me alone. in the end, hope is just an undying wish. i hope for a lot of things, but wishes will only be wishes i guess. i was about to sit up when i hear the doorbell.

jungkook.

xxx (basically jungkook just tends to tae's injuries but i'm still gonna put a tw just in case)

"fuck, i'm screwed." i grab another hoodie to cover the purples and blues, as my first one was splattered in red. i wince when i walk over to the door and hang my head low when i open it, hoping it would be enough to cover my face.

usually, i would stay in my room the whole day after they go loco on me, so that the next day they would be somewhat healed. "hey hyungie! how are you doing?" he welcomes himself in, sitting on the couch my dad was sitting on a few hours ago. i wanted to look up and meet his eyes and see his adorable smile, but i couldn't do that.

"hey, you okay? i can't see your face." damn why was he so straightforward. "great. you?" my voice was so painfully hoarse from yelling, which only made them hit harder. jungkookie stayed silent. i could see his feet shuffling in curiosity, probably wanting to know what happened to me. he was always so curious.