ch. 19

"are you sure you're alright hyungie? you can barely walk and you're injured you know." taehyung had offered to take jungkook out despite his injuries after changing (with kook's help of course). after all, tae's dad always says, "handle pain like a man." they arrive at the bottom of the stairs leading up a hill covered in trees.

"let me carry you, come on, get on my back hyungie!" he crouched before taehyung so that he could give him a piggy-back ride. namjoon and jin would always give him piggy-back rides, for it didn't exactly work out with jimin. "no need for that, i can walk pretty boy. there aren't that many steps anyways." jungkook scoffed and faced him.

"exactly why you should let me carry you! there aren't that many steps, just let me help you, pleaseeee?" jungkook's pleading puppy eyes reminded him of jimin's, and he could never say no to his puppy eyes. so looking away from embarrassment, taehyung nodded.

every 5 steps or so, kook would ask if he was alright and if he was hurting. to which he would always say he was doing just fine. the sun was starting to already go down, the remaining sunlight shone through the leaves. when they reached the last step, jungkook finally saw what taehyung wanted to show him. and tae was right, the sight was something that couldn't ever be compared to.

they were at the top of the hill, the stone floor covering the dirt. a stone fence matching the floor, and right above that fence was a view of the houses and shops below, along with the setting sun. the two were the only ones there.

jungkook set down taehyung, only to run over to the fence to get a closer look. tae has never brought anyone he knew to the place, not even his hyung, yoongi. although kook didn't know that. "hyungie come here! let's take a photo!" he saw how his eyes were literally beaming with happiness, his hands frantically searching for his phone.

taehyung chuckled at this and came to his side. "ok ok ok i found my phone hyungie! let's take a photo, i can't WAIT to brag to jiminie hyung about this-"

"shhh, just take the dang thing before you drop it from excitement," tae said, the playfulness in his voice obvious. he quickly took the photo, showing it off to taehyung afterward. he was winking, his arm around jungkook's waist. the latter was smiling brightly, teasingly making bunny ears behind tae's head.

"let me send this to jiminie hyung and then i'll be all yours, give me a second." taehyung wrapped his arms around jungkook, and whispered in his ear, "you're already mine." when this guy sees a chance, he's gonna seize it, no joke. the comment made jungkook blush, the colors from the sunset in the sky making it look like he was blushing harder than he originally was.

tae peaked over his shoulder to see the response his hyung had sent him; "pfft- lovebirds. why not kiss him while you're at it?" he felt kook chuckle at what jimin said, and played with his ear while jungkook texted back, short & sweet; "maybe :)"

"little bunny's gonna try and kiss me huh?" jungkook jumped out of his arms due to shock, completely oblivious that he was reading his messages. "try? baby, i'm gonna." his shock now turned into sass, kook bitten off more than he could chew.

he realized this when taehyung dared him to, and he regretted how jimin rubbed off of him. "oh and no less-than-one-second-pecks, no no no, i want a full 5 seconds of it, got it?"

"but i'm not exactly sure how to kiss.. pecks are all i got." he's seen scenes in movies and heard about it in books, but he has no idea how to initiate a kiss. it doesn't help that he's never had anyone to do that type of stuff with him. "just copy my movements, i can teach you the ropes. come over here, pretty boy."

jungkook couldn't back down now, he was committed to winning. so with the pace of his heart quickening, he took a few steps towards him. jungkook nor taehyung could believe it was actually happening. tae placed his hand below kook's chin, guiding lips to his. the space between them closing, taehyung was shocked when jungkook made the first move.

it took everything tae had to not roughen it up, to keep it sweet and simple for his pretty boy. "you're not bad, pretty good for a first try." he said to kook when they were done. jungkook touched his lips in astonishment, asking him if he really did that. taehyung gave him a thumbs-up, trying his best to hold back his smile. both badly wanted to do it again, but either one was too scared to ask.

"come on, let's go get some food. we should head back." taehyung said, in an attempt to break the silence. he tried to shake away the thought that the kiss meant their relationship was growing.

but he was also worried if it was just a one-time thing, if jungkook would step back because he thought it was all part of his playboy attitude. if the kiss meant nothing to him because of his label. then again, he wasn't so sure himself if he genuinely liked kook.

the other, on the other hand, was trying to think if he did it because he wanted to, or because it was all part of the plan. he wondered about what kind of relationship it became now since they kissed. would everything be the same?

but instead of facing these thoughts, jungkook crouched in front of taehyung for the second time, and gestured him to get on his back. he didn't fight it this time, already knowing the stubborn boy wouldn't budge. the idiots were too scared to talk about it, so they ignored it, for now.

the two decided to get hotdogs from a street food stand. all of the food was calling out to them, but they were determined to only get hotdogs, nothing more. they were so close to breaking when they saw ramen, but luckily jungkook ran out with taehyung on his back before they could take another glance. kook finally put him down when he reached his house.

tae begged for him to stay over, despite having school the next day. his parents didn't really care where he was anyways. he wanted to stay with his pretty boy some more. "before we go in, i have to warn you that jimin's in there sooooo... anyways let's go!" he grabbed taehyung's hand carefully, being fully aware that he's still healing, and opened the door.

a.n:

HE WENT IN FOR THE KILL MY MAN KOOK YOU GO