Chapter Eight: Abhorrent

There are many things that can not be predicted when it comes to how much time we spend together. Love is one of the mysteries that comes with trusting someone. However, hate may hide under the shadows of such positive feelings. I've said that I disliked people based on how they treated me.

But I am also susceptible to the feeling of hatred that consumes me.

When I am backed into a corner, and my fear is the only thing protecting me from my enemies, that feeling of hatred increases. Whether or not it is directed at myself because of my own weakness, or the ones who corner me — is unpredictable.

That makes hatred dangerous.

I would tear myself down because of my disgust, blaming myself for falling when I'm under pressure. Or I will lash out at anything and anyone that stands in front of me. It is an emotion that everyone has difficulty controlling.

So, why must I be the one who is ostracized for using this debilitating emotion for my own benefit?

Others get to kill, forgiven for doing something inhumane because they were driven to the edge by a strong desire to make someone suffer. Yet I must remain civil when I feel the same. The look on their faces when I so much as voice my displeasure. 

It is not fair that everyone is willing to accept hatred from those who are deemed worthy. I am seen as ungrateful for hating him because he gave me everything.

They do not know that he was the one to hate me first.

Chapter Eight: Abhorrent

Sasuke set her down on the counter as he looked through the cupboards to find something to make for dinner. Hinata watched, kicking her feet as she hummed. It was well past midnight but the two couldn't sleep, and they were hungry.

"Should we just order takeout?" Hinata suggested, not in the mood for ramen.

Kakashi had said that there would be enough food for a week but whoever was tasked with getting them food — only got ramen and some vegetables.

"Would anywhere be open right now?" He put a pot of water to boil.

"Ah, right, I forgot about that." She pouted. "Ramen it is then."

"We can buy some other things in the morning." He tapped under her chin when she pouted even more. "If someone didn't fall asleep..." Sasuke tended to the boiling water, adding the ramen and seasoning pack.

"You slept too." She tugged at his shirt, "you had no problem doing so either. What happened to the barely sleeping, always meditating Uchiha Sasuke?"

"He has a certain Hyuga to look out for." He held her wrist, stopping her from pulling his shirt even more. "You are very—"

"Very what? Pretty? Quiet?"

"Clingy." He portioned their food and gave her a bowl and chopsticks.

"I am not." She huffed and blew on her noodles.

"You'd get up every time I moved." Sasuke leaned against the wall.

The table was just a few feet away from them but they made no attempt to sit down. Instead, they stood [she was still sitting on the counter] across from each other and ate.