Forget Yesterday

"I saw what you did."
Xena spun around in a quick 180, just to come face-to-face with Max, her ex-best friend.

Her eyes widened in shock, as she didn't expect him to confront her; at least not so soon. She wasn't able to read anything off him; no emotion or thoughts. He refused to allow any of it to show enough for Xena to read.

It was after school, in the parking lot, and Xena had been waiting on her brother to come pick her up, but Max had found her first.

Slowly, a devious smirk formed across his face, and he took a step toward her.
Xena's eyes snapped down to his feet, trying to focus on too much at once.
Finally finding her voice, Xena spoke up;
"I didn't put that show on for you."

"Is that so?" Max inquired, taking yet another step forward.
Watching closely, he saw her muscles clench tighter every time he took a step, and this pleased him greatly.

His smirk spread, as he very obviously scanned Xena's entire body with his eyes, wanting to see how easy he could un-nerve her.

The always cool-under-pressure, witty, smart-mouth Xena; one of the most attractive yet intimidating women anyone has ever encountered, and he practically had the ability to completely shatter her ego in seconds, when no one else has been able to even achieve it at all.

"Did you really think i wouldn't confront you about your little 'display of dominance'?"
Max laughed mockingly, shaking his head a bit as he closed another foot of space between them.

"That's not what-"
Another step made Xena flinch slightly, cutting herself off.

"Awhhh, what's wrong, Xena? You look pale." Max asked, throwing his voice to sound sarcastically concerned.
"I'm not scaring you, am i?"
In a flash, he closed the remaining space between them in a second, and next thing Xena knew, she felt her back slam against the concrete wall as Max pinned her against it.

She let out a quick cry, scared by whatever was happening to her ex-best friend.

Smirking devilishly, Max rested a hand on Xena's thigh, slowly inching it further up her leg.

"No!" She gasped, squirming to get out of his grip.

In a flash of black and blonde, Max was yanked off of Xena. She heard a sickening crack as Max dropped to the ground, clutching his jaw in pain.

Xena frantically scanned the area, trying to figure out what had just happened and who had done it...

But... There was a figure... All i could see was black clothes, and... Blonde hair..?

Struggling to decipher what she had just seen seconds ago, Xena was yanked from her thoughts by a familiar voice; "Get out of here!"

Blindly obeying, she ran off farther into the parking lot as fast as her feet could carry her.

"X-Xena?"

Paying no attention, Xena was grabbed by a pair of warm, familiar hands.
She gasped in fear again, and tried pulling away.

"Xena-it's me! Hey, what's wrong?"

Finally focusing on the being stood in front of her, blonde hair and dark green eyes came into focus.

"A-Andrew?" She squeaked out, her muscles instantly relaxing.

He smiled gently at her, concern filling his face, and her pulled her into a hug.
Xena closed her eyes and relaxed against him, just happy to see a friendly face.

"Your brother called me and asked me to come get you, he got caught up at work." Andrew answered after Xena had asked why he was at the school still.

They were in Andrew's car now, and he was taking her home.

"So, you had just gotten there when i ran into you..?" She responded, looking out the window, still trying to decode who or... What... Had saved her from Max...

And what was he thinking? What would possess him to act like that toward her..?

"Yeah," Andrew replied, "and what had you so spooked?"

She laughed lightly, trying to just blow the whole situation off since she couldn't seem to make sense of it.

"I have no idea."