Old Demons

As soon as i got in, i headed towards the bathroom, lit a few of the candles the surrounded the bath tub, and started running the water as hot as it would go, which would've given Hades himself a third-degree burn.

After i stripped my dingy clothes, i immersed myself in the water with full intentions of boiling myself like a lobster.

The overhead light was off; the only source of light now was the flames of the candles, and i actually watched them project different patterns and waves across the walls as my brain started back up again- as usual.

I bet none of them even realized i'm gone.

I'd always had a very bad habit of thinking on the darker side of things, and doubted myself and my worth as a person in general, although that has recently taken a turn for the worst with having my "normal" life ripped from my brittle hands.

No, this is your real life.

Shaking my head in an attempt to rattle the conflicting thoughts, i closed my eyes and started thinking about how great things really were starting to be; how i was around a ton of old friends, genuine, kind, hilarious and energetic beings, how much stronger i was getting and how much i've improved in just a little over a week, and how i was finally reunited with the love of my life.

Although i didn't have any clue what the future held, which i despised almost as much as change, i knew one thing for certain; no matter what deck of cards the world decides to hand you, you have to keep moving forward. No matter how nasty the fall is, even if it's to the bottom of the bottle and you swear you'll never see the sun again, you have to get back on your feet and keep moving forward.

Focus on the good things, keep yourself going no matter how hard it is. Keep pushing and you will eventually succeed.

That's what i've been preaching to myself lately. Everyone has baggage, everyone has things they struggle with and sometimes that almost suffocates you, but the road to success and happiness is crowded with tragedy, pain, and obstacles, just as the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You won't win every battle, but every loss is another lesson learned and more experience gained, just like my spar with Riku. And believing in yourself is half the fight, take that from someone who fights with herself on a daily basis.

"Babe?" Roxas' voiced echoed into the bathroom.

"I'm almost done, be out in a sec!" I responded, and went to finishing my bath.

-------------------------------------------

"YOU LOOK LIKE A LOBSTER." Roxas began to laugh at me as i crawled into bed beside him, yanking the covers up and over me to try preventing him from staring me down more.

"Yeahh yeahhhh, go to sleep already." I scoffed playfully as i felt a cold hand go up the back of my shirt to rub my aching muscles. His cute little giggle reached my ears.

"I love you, beautiful. Good night."