22. CONGRATULATIONS

The next day Perth as usual left early for his early shift. Saint was getting ready for his office when the doorbell rang. They were not expecting anyone right now so who could it be. He went downstairs and checked through the camera, it was Peggy. He opened the door of her greeted her.

"Sorry Phi, Perth left early today", he said walking in the kitchen and taking some water from the refrigerator for her. "Ohh! Thank you, Saint. So I guess I'll meet him there, I have my first sonography today. We'll get to see how this little bulb is doing", she says rubbing her tummy with a gentle smile on her face.

"All the best, Phi", Saint wished her genuinely, he knows what it is like to be a parent. The day his muffin was born, was the happiest day of his life, he smiled at the memories and this time even tho Alice was in those memories, he didn't felt sad. He misses her, a lot. But he can stay with the happy memories.

"Phi, are you okay, doing it alone?", he asked absentmindedly. He was about to ask about the father when he remembered the conversation they had yesterday. He saw the bright light on her face getting a bit dull and she lowered his head. Saint felt like an idiot to bring this up, but he didn't mean it that way. He knows how hard it can be and she was going through this alone, which sent a wave of sadness to him. She raised her head back with the same smile plastered on her face again and said, "I'll ask Perth to accompany me. I've promised my little one that I won't stay sad, am I right?" looking down at her tummy and then back at Saint.

"By the way, where's my new best friend. I miss her already", she said changing the topic and Saint was thankful as the tension was too much. "She's at school, Phi. She'll return by noon", he said and passed the glass of water to her. " Ohh... I'll take my leave now, I'm getting late for my appointment", she says and puts the glass down after drinking.

"I can give you a ride", Saint insists and she protests but he told her that the hospital falls in the way to his office and he was leaving anyway, so she agreed. The ride was silent at first but it turned into a happy one in no time. She knew Perth since he was 16, so Saint got to hear some of his old incidents making him laugh. She was not bad, she was a very happy and playful company to have, being with her made Saint feel like she was the elder sister he never had, even though she was just 1 year older than him.

He was going to escort her in but she refused so he helped her at till entrance and left after bidding a proper goodbye.

As she entered the hospital she scanned the environment and felt pretty good. The hospital was one of the best multi- specialties hospitals in the country having every department and also a rehabilitation centre. She was gonna join her job here with Perth, but unfortunately, there were no vacancies in her Specialty. When she got a call from the hospital she was the happiest person ever, as it was a well-renowned hospital after all. But she had to wait for a few months to move here.

She called Perth and fortunately, he was free so he came to her running as it was only a fifteen-minute break. They both went to the check-up room. The one in charge knew that she was also a doctor from her registered name but she still instructed her everything like a normal patient. She knew Perth, in fact, she was his first friend here, so she even teased them. But they refused and explained that they were just best friends.

"So if I'm wrong then it's that guy right, who always gives you a lift", she asks and he nodded bushing lightly. ( Saint most of the time gives him a ride home 😉) They laughed at the situation and then the screen showed a few images. All their concentration was now on the screen and the sound of the babies heartbeat.

After a couple of minutes, the doctor broke the silence.

"Congratulations Dr. Charada your having-"