05 | confession

taehyun's pov ~
we were all just standing inside my house, not knowing what to do and not knowing what to say. but beomgyu knew why he was here and i knew as well.

i don't think he's gonna waste anytime, and i was right. the next thing i knew, beomgyu held me by my finger and dragged me outside, so that we could have a private conversation.

the stars were shining even more than they were before. but beomgyu's shined the most. his eyes were clear and sparkly. it made my heart beat faster.

he is so pretty.

"taehyun, this is the second and final time we're going to have this conversation. and by the end of this one, i want to have answers. so please, tell me why you've been ignoring me," beomgyu told me.

i just couldn't focus because of how beautiful he looked. i'm so shocked that i didn't notice how attractive and eye-catching this person is before.

"hello? earth to tae?" his lips softly spoke. i sighed.

"sorry...i haven't been myself lately," i apologized. beomgyu pouted cutely. everything this guy does seems to make me blush.

"yeah, i can see that..." i took a deep breath and continued to speak.

"okay, well...you'll probably hate me after this but...i've had a huge crush on you but i really don't want to because i don't want to end up hurting yeonjun but these feelings are too strong. no matter how hard i try, i can't get rid of them. you're just so captivating," i finally said.

there was a long moment of silence. i could feel beomgyu staring at me while i was staring at the ground, trying my hardest not to look at him.

he was probably judging me and i don't mind because he has every right to. i would also judge me if i were in his position.

but instead, he carefully lifted my face so that i was forced to look into his stunning eyes.

"taehyun, i really appreciate you and i'm so happy you confessed. i know how hard that is and i just want you to know that i respect your confession. i'm very flattered, but i think it's better if we just stay as friends. you're an amazing person and i never want to loose you, but i just don't feel the same way," he replied. i nodded as i looked back at the ground.

there isn't a delicate way to hurt someone's heart. it's not his fault that he doesn't love me the same way. we'll still be great friends, but my heart will always hurt. but i just had to ask for a kiss.

"c-can i at least get a kiss? it doesn't have to be on the lips..." he smiled his dreamy smile and nodded.

i was surprised. i didn't expect him to nod. but his face was red too. seeing that made my heart beat even faster than it already was. i couldn't handle it. beomgyu blushing from me?!

"s-sorry, i'm really nervous...i've never k-kissed somebody before..."

"it's okay...it's cute!" he started laughing so hard that he fell on the ground. my eyes widened.

he's laughing...because of me again. i felt tears fall down from my eyes. he looked up at me and his smile quickly faded as he got up from the floor.

he lightly touched my arms and looked me in the eyes. he started pouting again.

"taehyun?! are you okay?!" nobody has ever seen me cry before. in fact, i've never cried easily, especially to something that a normal person wouldn't cry at.

i just had noticed that i barely even cry at all. the last time i cried was probably since i was like five. it was so embarrassing.

"y-yeah...i'm just so happy right now!" he smiled again.

"good. i'm happy too!" he exclaimed. "s-should we k-kiss now?"

i nodded in a nervous and timid manner. he slowly leaned in and closed his eyes.

but i didn't close mine.

i couldn't close them, no matter how hard i tried. i couldn't even think clearly. my head was filled with hot and heavy thoughts and i couldn't get rid of them.

and my heart. it was pounding like never before and i'm pretty sure beomgyu could probably hear it too. his hands touching my hips made me go insane.

his face was so close to mine that i started shaking. he is so beautiful, especially up close. he got closer and closer as my heart started beating faster and faster.

the next thing i knew, his lips were finally touching mine. and i finally closed my eyes.

it was a long kiss.

and the best kiss that i've ever gotten in my whole entire life. beomgyu looked like he enjoyed it too. after all, it was his first kiss.

this just made me like him even more, but i knew i couldn't. i knew that kiss didn't mean goodbye, but it felt like it.

but i'm genuinely so happy. he's definitely not going to be able to be mine but i've gotten what i wanted and i don't need anything else.

i made him laugh, i made him blush, and he kissed me.

i can finally live in peace now.