23 | revelation of truth

taehyun's pov ~
i still can't stop thinking about yesterday when soobin asked me if i loved him...he was so confident about it too.

i know it probably took a lot out of him to say that and he's probably so embarrassed. yet, i still can't get myself to tell him. i mean i don't have to tell him, but it would make us closer and...that's all i want.

so i slowly but surely got out of my bed, brush my teeth, and wash my face. the water is cold, but i don't give a fuck.

as i walked down the stairs, i smell delicious food.

soobin is in the kitchen, putting various breakfast foods on the table.

"since when did you learn how to cook?" i say.

"don't be mean! i've always had this talent."

"no. you were always terrible at cooking."

"okay well...i am a changed man." i laugh.

"sure..."

even though i'm being kinda mean, i really do appreciate it. i wish i could tell him, but that's part of the many things i'm bad at doing. the one thing i love about soobin, is that i don't have to tell him. he already knows.

"come sit." he smiles and i walk over and do as i'm told. he sits down as well. "you know, you woke up at the perfect timing. otherwise you would've seen me struggling. i tried my best though." i laugh again.

"so you're technically saying you're still bad at cooking?"

"no! i'm saying that i did struggle, but i worked hard and that's all that matters," he playfully says. i laugh for the third time.

all he does is make me laugh. and happy.

we talk as we eat. it's pretty awkward but it's nice at the same time. i'm not used to spending my time with soobin like this. we usually have a friendship where it seems like we hate each other, but recently, it's been nice and comforting. i think i like it like this.

when we finish eating, he immediately takes all the plates and washes them. i roll my eyes.

"why are you doing this?"

"because i like you. isn't it obvious?"

i stay speechless for a second.

"why have you been so confident lately."

"i told you, i'm a changed man." i laugh again and i can't keep track of how many times i've laughed now. but when i stop laughing, i get serious.

"...i like you too." he doesn't move for a while so i get concered. "hey, are you okay?" i take a quick look at his face. it's bright red. i turn around and we both pretend like nothing happened. he clears his throat and finally moves again.

"hey...did i do something wrong?" as soon as i asked that, he turns back and finally looks at me.

"n-no! sorry...i guess i'm not at confident as you think i am..."

"i always knew you weren't confident. so don't be embarrassed, it's nothing new. stop trying to be someone you're not just for me. i like you because you're soobin. not because you're confident."

his face gets even more red.

"c-can i hug you?" he passes on the color to my face.

i immediately hug him so he won't see the redness. it's awkward again, but it's comfy.

soobin's pov ~
taehyun and i have been watching a bunch of movies and now it's late in the afternoon.

"taehyun...thanks for letting me stay here."

"yeah of course. no problem." he gives me a cute little smile that makes me blush a bit.

"are you ready to tell me now?"

"what?"

"you know...about what happened with the person you hurt..."

"oh."

"you said you liked me right? don't be afraid to tell me." he stares at the ground intently.

"i just don't wanna cry..."

"but it's okay to. i won't judge you and it's what makes us closer. i cried in front of you, now it's your turn."

"you didn't exactly cry though...you just teared up," he quietly mentions.

"that still counts as crying."

"i guess you have a point."

taehyun tells me everything that happens and i'm honestly very surprised. i feel like huening kai would never do that, but then again, we never know what somebody is thinking and how they feel.

"hey, thanks for telling me. i know it's a very hard thing to do and just know that i wasn't trying to force you at all. i just wanted to let you know that you can tell me anything and i don't mind," i tell him. he smiles at me.

"no. thank you. you're such a good listener. and i can tell that you actually do care. it means a lot to me."

i smile back. i'm glad he told me.

it definitely made us closer for sure.

yeonjun's pov ~
i felt the other side of the bed but beomgyu's body wasn't there. i slowly opened my eyes. i then put my shirt and slippers on, brushed my teeth, then went downstairs and saw beomgyu sitting on the couch.

"hey."

"hey."

"sooo...how did you like last night?" i gave him a sly smirk.

"i dunno. you tell me," he teased.

"i already know the answer anyways."

"is that so? then why don't you show me how it was like," he teased again.

i sat next to him and leaned in really close.

"are you sure you want that again?"

"y-yeah..."

"haha! i'm the one who's got you blushing now!"

"i'm not blushing..." we just quietly sat by each other. "a-anyways. seriously though...i just wanted to let you know that i'm so proud of you for trying your best to get along with everyone. i know it's not easy."

"yeah...and to think that we hated each other in the beginning."

"nahhh you never hated me."

"true. but you didn't either...right?"

"if i said i did, would you kill soobin?"

"yes, yes i would." he laughed so hard that i think i saw a little bit of tears come out of his eyes.

"i never hated you. i liked you from the moment i saw you. just had a different way of expressing my liking for someone, that's all."

my face is burning.

i lay my head on his cute little belly and held his hand.

"i love you, choi beomgyu."

"i love you more yeonjun."

a/n: GUYS I AM SO SORRY. this is the end of the book and it's such a bad ending but i really wanted to end it because i feel like i was dragging it and i'm not having fun writing this specific book anymore. i know many of you guys loved the storyline and everything but it's about time i stop writing this story. don't worry! i have many other book ideas and they will be coming soon. i've been writing this txt instagram au and i wrote 31 chapters already. it's a very funny au so be sure to read it once it's out! this time, i'll try to finish the book first and then start publishing, because i made a huge mistake of uploading this book and then not having enough time to plan the ending and stuff, which is why the ending sucks. thank you so so much for everything. you guys supported me so much and made me continue writing this book, even when i felt like giving up. i've never finished a book, and even though i don't feel that proud of myself, since i rushed the ending, i'm still happy that i was able to finish it. I WILL BE WORKING ON NEW BOOKS THAT WILL BE BETTER! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOUUU!!! :)
- ej <3