07 | the reason

beomgyu's pov ~
yes, i knew he was stupid, but i didn't expect him to be this stupid. how many hints do i have to give him for him to realize that i actually kinda like him?

i jolted his hand off my wrist and looked the other way again, hiding my face.

"you aren't going to tell me?"

"you should already know."

"well i don't. what am i even doing wrong? why is soobin better than me?"

"you're a dumbass."

"that's why?! that's the reas—"

"no! isn't it obvious?! i don't even look at soobin anymore! my eyes are on you now, idiot!" i finally looked him in the eyes and realized what i just said.

both of our faces turned bright red.

"w-w-w-whaat?! y-you l-like me t-too?!" he stuttered like crazy. i hit his shoulder in embarrassment.

"you...you aren't that bad..." his eyes lit up and he immediately smiled.

"s-so...you don't like soobin anymore?"

"...i never actually did. the reason why i followed him everywhere and recorded him was because i wanted to like someone but i didn't like talking to people. if you didn't notice, i never actually told you i liked him...i just forced myself to..." he looked so surprised. i swear i actually heard his heart beating like crazy. it made mine beat faster too.

we stared at the ground for a while, not speaking.

"i-i'm so happy..." his voice cracked. i looked back up at him and saw a little bit of tears in his eyes. "...i thought you hated me..." i giggled.

"honestly, i somewhat did. but the reason isn't because of what you think. i was jealous...jealous of you...because you were so cool, confident, and...good looking...i felt so insecure and wondered why i wasn't like you," i explained.

"what?! are you stupid?! i thought the exact same thing about you! i always liked you because of that and...and you stole my heart..." his voice got quieter and quieter.

the next thing i knew, we were very close. one of his hands were on my thigh and i felt the other one lightly touching my butt. his eyes were staring at my lips as he sexily bit his. i swear i felt him move even closer to me. it was so obvious that he wanted to kiss me and to be honest, i wanted to kiss him too...

but i pushed his chest away from mine.

"l-let's just take things s-slow...o-okay?" i told him. it felt like he wasn't even listening to me. he just continued to stare at my lips.

"y-yeah..."

it was even later than before and yeonjun fell asleep on the couch. i covered him with a huge comfy blanket and put a pillow under his head.

i sat on the ground so that our faces were at the same level. he looked so peaceful and cute. i smiled and held his hand.

i can't help these feelings i have. my heart is starting to beat around him and my face is starting to get red around him. i want to be his.

but i still don't want to rush things.

i forced myself into liking soobin even though i didn't. i forced myself to have those feelings that i didn't have at all.

so i don't wanna rush things.

because i don't want that to happen again. i think i finally genuinely like someone and i want to take it slow. i want to enjoy it.

i want my feelings to last.

yeonjun's pov ~
i woke up on the navy blue couch that i fell asleep on yesterday night.

shit.

i totally forgot that i stayed the night by beomgyu's. i jolted up and looked at my phone. it was 10 am.

for a second, i thought i was done for. but then i realized that it's just a saturday and i don't have any school today.

but i probably should go home.

don't get the wrong idea, i'm super thankful for what happened yesterday but...it seems kinda awkward. i mean, we did almost kiss...

i quickly forced myself to stop spacing out and got up from the couch. i then got my stuff and went to open the door to leave.

but beomgyu held my hand.

"hey, where are you going? it's only ten," he asked.

"oh, uh...i was just going to leave. i don't wanna bother you," i replied.

we both stood and didn't say anything for a while. he was still holding my hand.

"...don't leave me..." he mumbled quietly while looking at the ground shyly. a light blush appeared on his face and i felt my face burn from how red it was.

i can't believe it...he wants me to stay. i couldn't help but smile.

"are you laughing at me?!" he pouted cutely. i started laughing even harder.

"haha! you're so cute!"

"i'm not cute!"

he pulled me by my hand which forced me to enter the house again...