11 | changes

yeonjun's pov ~
i heard somebody knock on the door and automatically fell off my bed. who in the world would be here at this time? it's too damn early for this.

i quickly stood up as the knocking started to get louder. i brushed my teeth, then headed downstairs as fast as i could.

i finally opened the door and was surprised to see huening kai standing there.

"oh, hey kai! what's up? i haven't seen you in like forever. how are you?" i asked. he seemed a little out of it.

"i'm alright." i smiled as i moved out of the way so he could come in and he did.

"you're here very early. did you want to talk about something?" i asked him.

"yes actually. is that okay with you?"

"of course."

"okay, well...recently, i haven't really been talking to anybody and i just feel like i have no friends anymore. i've been feeling so lonely that i feel like it's killing me. i don't know what to do anymore. i really need a change and i was thinking you could help me with that?"

"listen, i'm so glad you told me all of this and i'm so happy that you came to me out of all people to talk about this. but i'm kind of upset that you didn't come earlier and that's because i want you to know that i'll always be here for you. i want you to feel like you can trust me. i never want you to doubt yourself about coming to talk to me, because i have a feeling you did doubt yourself before this. i really want us to be closer friends. we can even be the 'saw the love of our lives kiss somebody else' duo," i joked around and we both laughed.

"wow...thank you so much. i don't even know what to say...i just want you to know that this means a lot to me..."

"anytime! as i said, i'm always here for you," i patted his back as we hugged for a moment. "hey, do you wanna hang out this weekend? as friends of course. we can both try something new since you said you needed a change."

"yes that would be awesome! there's this boba place that i found that we could go to. do you like boba?"

"don't kill me, but i've actually never had boba before..."

"what?! are you kidding me?! we have to go and you need to try it!" he persisted.

"alright, alright! okay how about we meet each other there over the weekend."

"perfect."

huening kai's pov ~
i've been waiting for what feels like forever for this day and it has finally come. it's finally time to hang out with someone again.

i'm honestly kind of nervous but i don't even know why. it's probably because i haven't hung out with anyone for a long time but i've always been a pretty social person so it's just really weird to me that i feel this way. especially because i'm hanging out with a friend, not someone that i don't know.

i heard footsteps coming my way so i glanced up and saw just who i thought would be in front of me.

"hey huening kai!" yeonjun said as he slightly waved.

"hey! you look fashionable!" i mentioned, as he looked at his outfit.

"oh, thanks! i'm sorry, sometimes i overdress. well, now you know that the e in yeonjun stands for extra!" we both laughed and smiled at his cringey ness.

"haha you're so funny! come on, let's go in!"

there was barely a line when we went inside.

"why aren't there a ton of people? usually there's a lot because people love boba," yeonjun questioned.

"because it's a new place, they recently opened. also, i'm sure you'll like it too!"

"i probably will."

we both ordered our drinks then sat down at the table. yeonjun got the black sugar milk tea and i got the taro milk tea. both with tapioca of course.

"whoa! this is hella good! i didn't expect it to be this amazing! honestly, i thought it was overhyped before."

"i told you that you would like it! also, it's definitely not overhyped at all. it's so good! especially if you know even better boba places, like this one. i'm glad i found this place."

"i agree." he took another sip before talking again. "hey kai, you know i can help you become better friends with the others right? you don't have to be nervous. in fact, why don't we schedule another day to hang out, but this time, with everyone!"

"a-are you sure...?" i hesitated.

"yep! don't worry, i don't really wanna do it too, especially because i don't like soobin but, i'm willing to try to get to know him better. i just want my relationship to be better with beomgyu and especially taehyun but in order to do that, i have to try. we can all be best friends and it'll be so worth it in the end. trust me."

"...okay...if you insist."

"thanks kai. for willing to step out of your comfort zone. i know how hard it is...and i'm going through it too..."

"no, thank you. you're helping me get out of it." we both smiled and then continued to drink boba and talk to each other.

i honestly haven't had a day like this one in what seems like forever. i'm really glad i chose to hang out with yeonjun.

to be honest, hanging out with all four of them might not be super bad after all.

we'll see how it goes...