Chapter 1 The Extra Hero

A/n: Mild use of explicit language, I know some people don't like it but I feel it's appropriate. And I'm taking some creative liberties with the king. This is longer than most of my other stories sorry about that, but there's so much detail I wanted to add to this chapter.

Y/n's POV

I was walking through a library looking for a book to read. As I looked through the fiction section, I spotted a book that had a very plain cover. I pulled the book out to see the cover. The title was 'The Kitsune's Cursed Hero' I opened the book to see the introduction to the story. It talked about a world that was going to be hit by something call the 'waves of catastrophe' and how four heroes were going to be summoned by that world to protect it. "Wait, what about this cursed hero?" I thought to myself. I flipped through the book, seeing that each hero had a section about who they were. When I reached the part about the shield hero, it only had a few words. "The only hero to be supported by the cursed fifth hero." I read aloud. I flipped through the pages, finding the part about the cursed hero. "The cursed hero is blessed with the power of magic along with the gift of the kitsune's form." I read.

"Kitsune's form? What does that mean?" I thought to myself. I looked at the picture of the hero and saw that they had what looked like fox ears and a tail. "I see. The form is the ears and tail that the hero has." I thought. After I read the text, I saw a bright light come out of nowhere. I covered my eyes before feeling something move behind me. I looked behind me, down near my butt, only to see a F/c tail swaying back and forth. "What's going on?" I asked. I felt something move on my head. I moved my hands to the top of my head, feeling something fluffy. I saw something that showed me my reflection floating past me, upwards. I looked at it to see that on top of my head were F/c fox ears. I felt my a few of my teeth sharpen before the light became too bright for me. When the light faded, I opened my eyes to see people in front of me I looked to my left and saw four other people. "Oh no, I'm the cursed hero." I thought. 

"Who is she?" Someone asked.

"You're right. Did we do part of the ritual wrong?" Someone else asked.

"Look at her, we should just kill her now and get her out of the way." Someone said. I looked at the other four next to me. I watched as someone stepped forward with a sword as I fell backwards, landing on my butt. I watched them raise the sword. I put my hands up to defend myself and closed my eyes, before hearing the sword hit something metal. "Don't you even think about it." Someone said. I kept my arms up before opening my eyes the see someone with a shield blocking the sword. "Hey are you okay?" The man asked turning to face me. I nodded, he crouched down lifting me into the air. "She's just a kid, just because she looks different doesn't mean you should just kill her." He said. The surrounding people sighed, and I kept a tight hold on the man. "Please brave heroes save our world." Someone said. The other three people started talking about rewards and respect for doing what they asked. "Please allow us to lead you to our king, he'll be able to provide you everything you ask about." A person said. The man holding me set me down grabbing my hand following behind the other people. "Are you okay?" The man asked. I nodded doing my best to keep up with him. "Here." He said kneeling down. 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course, it'll be faster if I give you a piggyback ride." The man said. I climbed onto his back as he jogged to catch up with the others. "Come on man, you shouldn't worry about her." A guy with a cool-looking sword said.

"How about you guys stop being such assholes and help?" The man said.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about, these guys are just being assholes." The man said. After a bit of walking we walked through some giant doors to see a man with gray hair sitting on a chair. "Welcome heroes, please step forward and introduce yourselves." The king said. The guy with the sword stepped forward, "My name is Ren Amaki, age 16." Ren said.