Chapter 8 The Sword's Dragon Corpse

Y/n's POV

After cleaning up the Spear hero's mess with the plant monsters and selling most of the extra fruit and seeds, we continued traveling around selling the products that Big brother made while Filo and I attracted customers to big brother's little market. We found an area to camp out for the night and stopped. Big sis and Filo had fallen asleep while I was going in and out of being asleep. Big brother was working on something in the wagon before I heard him hammering away at something, which got me curious about what he was working on. I got up from the log I was sitting on before looking into the wagon from the back. "Big brother... what are you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eyes as I tried to stay awake.

"Nothing, go to sleep. You've been up all day." Big brother said.

"But..." I started. Big brother turned and looked at me, clearly upset that I wanted to argue with him. "Please Y/n. Besides, you should listen to your big brother, shouldn't you?" Big brother said, looking at me with a gentle and caring look.

"Okay, I'll head to bed. But you shouldn't stay up too late either." I said, walking away from the wagon. I laid down in front of big sis, who wrapped her arms around me in a hug, which helped me fall asleep in the end. The next morning, we got up and started breaking down camp and loading the wagon before I turned after hearing something groaning as it got closer. There was an older woman and a child walking out of the woods who seemed tired and almost sick. Since we still had some of our breakfast leftover from cooking it and invited them to have some. The two sat down and ate some of the food we prepared. "You'd folks would do well to turn back while you still can." The older woman said.

"If you keep going forward on this path you'll die." The young boy said. I heard big sis gasp as she heard what the boy and older woman said. "We heard there's a village down this path." Big brother said. I nodded in agreement since we were traveling that direction. "The village is devastated. Even the vilalge elder got sick with the plague." The older woman said. Big brother looked down the road that we were talking clearly concerned about what was going on. After we packed up the cooking supplies we loaded into the wagon and headed towards the village. "What's happening there?" Big sis asked, looking at the map.

"We'll know soon." Big brother answered.

"Big brother? Do we have anything that I can use to make a mask?" I asked. Big sis looked at me confused before big brother looked back. "I'll make you one once we're there, but for now just hang on, okay?" Big brother asked. I nodded and stayed in the back of the wagon concerned about getting sick. When we got close to the village big brother got off the wagon and walked us into town. As we entered through the village gate most of the town was empty and nothing was going on outside. "What brings you folks to a godforsaken place like this?" An older man asked.

"I'm a traveling merchant, I have medicines to sell." Big brother answered. The old man looked a little stunned to hear the fact that big brother was a traveling merchant. "A traveling merchant? Wait that Filolial, could it be? Is that the Heavenly Fowl? Doctor! Quick!" The old man shouted. He rushed over to a what looked like a small church that was there. He opened the door and I could hear another voice coming from inside the church. "What is it? What's the matter?" The other person asked. 

"The savior of the heavenly fowl has come for us! He's right there." The old man said, pointing towards us. The doctor came out and was walking towards us before stopping in front of big brother. "Dcotor?" Big brother asked. 

"I run the vilalge clinic. Are you... Are you really?" The doctor asked.

"I'm just here to sell medicine." Big brother said.

"Even that would be a great help. I can't make nearly enough for everyone." The doctor said. The doctor wanted to lead us to where the sick were being held, so big brother quickly made me a mask that I used to cover my mouth and nose. "There, now you'll have as least some protection from whatever was getting the villagers sick. We followed the doctor into the room where the sick were being held. "Good morning, oh doctor as these people with you?" A young woman asked, looking at us. I looked around concerned that so many people had fallen ill from some unknown issue. "They just arrived. These people are going to sell us some medicine." The doctor said.