Chapter 9 Back to the Capital

Y/n's POV

After dealing with the zombie dragon, we started making our way back down the mountain from the village, but ended up running into some monsters along the way. Big sis and big brother were fighting up front while I was using my magic to support them. I looked up, seeing two of the bug monsters flying towards big brother and big sister. "Look out on your right, big brother!" I shouted. He turned towards the monsters before hitting them back while big sister slashed them, killing the bugs. Big sister was clearly out of breath as she was continued to fight with big brother. "You okay?" Big brother asked. Big sis answered him while I watched as Filo charged into the fight, taking out one of the lizard monsters that were surrounding big sis and big brother. Filo asked if big sis was okay, which I was wondering if it was getting on her nerves yet, since they hadn't stopped worrying about her when she started fighting. 

"I'm the one who originally accepted this job. You don't have to force yourself to keep up." Big brother explained.

"No, I'll be fine. Master Naofumi, I'm the one who begged you to let me fight. Besides, Y/n's trusting me enough to tell her when I need to stop fighting." Big sis pointed out. Big brother sighed as I used my Kitsune Ice magic to slow down and kill some of the bugs. "But still..." Big brother started.

"We're almost finished anyway." Big sis said, smiling at big brother. I could tell big brother still didn't want her being there in the middle of the fight, but he decided not to fight it anymore. Once the fight was over, we started making our way back down the mountain to where we were going to set up camp. As we were walking back I was holding onto big sis' hand while subtly using some healing magic on her to keep her feeling okay. "Thank goodness we could finish that job." Big sis said.

"Aww~ I wanted to fight some more. I was having fun." Filo complained. I noticed big brother was still feeling a little guilty for what happened to big sis as he looked at her. I growled a little before letting go of big sis' hand and turning to big brother before kicking his shin. "Stop feeling guilty." I demanded. Big brother flinched in pain before looking at me, clearly annoyed that I kicked him. "Y/n!" Big sis shouted. She grabbed my shoulders before turning me around to face her. "You need to stop doing that." Big sis said, clearly upset with me.

"No, she's right. I need to stop feeling so guilty about it." Big brother said, stopping big sis' scolding. Big sis sighed as she looked at big brother before he spoke up again. "We'll start heading back to the capital tomorrow." Big brother said.

"Huh? So you're wrapping up the trading trip already?" Big sis asked.

"Yeah, of course we are. You take top priority." I answered.

"We have to get to the church in the capital. We need some pretty powerful holy water to break that curse." Big brother said.

"But I..." Big sis started.

"No buts. We're getting you healed, besides you promised." I said. Big sis sighed before nodding as big brother took the lead. "We still have a long way to go. You have to take it easy." Big brother said. Filo came up behind me and big sis. "Raphtalia. I hope you get better real soon." Filo added. I smiled as big sis looked back at Filo. "I'm gonna be fine. " Big sis said.

"Good." Filo said. She looked over to the side before grabbing big brother's attention. "Master, listen. Something's going on over there." Filo said, pointing to a small clearing in the woods. We looked over to where she was pointing, seeing some other Filolials sitting around a girl with blue hair. "Is that..." Big brother started. We started walking towards the Filolials and the girl before I accidentally stepped on a branch, breaking it under my foot and alerting the Filolials to our presence. Big brother started walking into the clearing while the Filolials around the girl stood up before taking off. The blue-haired girl just stayed seated on the ground, watching as the Filolials ran off. The girl turned back and saw us standing at the edge of the clearing. "Those birds looked yummy. If we start now, we can still hunt them down." Filo said. We all turned and looked at Filo, a little confused about what she was talking about. "Huh? What do you mean, 'yummy?'" Big sis asked.