Chapter 5 A New Companion

Y/n's POV

We were standing in the throne room with me and big sis standing off to the side of the heroes. "As a reward for his efforts during the wave and fulfilling my request, master Motoyasu will receive 4000 silvers. Masters Itsuki and Ren will receive 3800 silvers. Finally, I have set aside 500 silvers for the shield hero and his companion." The king said, "However, since it's been offset by the cost of setting his slaves free from her curse, he will not be receiving any funds at this time."

I heard a growl from Naofumi before I heard someone speak up. "That's not going to fly with us. You were the one interfering with that duel, dispelling that slave crest, and now you refuse to pay him what he deserves. That's not fair play." Itsuki said. 

"Exactly. If you had followed the rules, Naofumi would've won that duel." Ren said.

"Are you crazy? I didn't lose." Motoyasu said.

"I'm afraid you're both mistaken. It was supposed to be a one-on-one duel and the shield hero was the one with monsters hidden inside his cape." Myne said.

"Is that why you fired a spell at him?" I asked. It shocked Myne that I spoke up and looked at me. "Even so, you still cheated by firing a magic spell at him." Itsuki said. 

"Besides, Naofumi was the one who defended that village during the wave, not the knights. If you ask me, it's the right thing to compensate him." Ren said.

"Fine, I'll allow him the minimum agreed amount, but nothing else." The king said. They handed him the money, and he snatched it from their hands. "There, now you have it. Be gone already." The king said. Naofumi growled again before big sis stepped in front of him. "Master Naofumi, isn't it great? There's no reason for us to waste our precious time here." Big sis said.

"Come on, let's go." Naofumi said. He turned around and started heading towards the door. "Can we stop by the kitchen on the way out?" I asked.

"Y/n I think it's best if we go somewhere else for food." Big sis said. 

"Okay, but it better be good." I said. We walked out of the castle and headed towards the tent that the Slave merchant had. "Why are we back here?" I asked.

"I told master Naofumi that I wanted a new slave crest." Big sis said. 

"Why?" I asked.

"It just makes me feel safer when I have one." Big sis said. I nodded and we walked into the tent. "Ah they you are my boy, what brings you by today?" SM asked. 

"We came so Raphtalia here can get a new slave crest." Naofumi said. The SM smiled and as and nodded before leading us into a smaller tent. He prepared the slave crest before having Naofumi cut his finger for some blood. The Sm applied the new slave crest which looked like it hurt big sis. "it didn't hurt right big sis?" I asked. She smiled at me and shook her head. "There was no reason for you to get another crest." Naofumi said.

"I wanted another, I think of it as a symbol of your faith in me." Big sis said. 

"Suit yourself." Naofumi said.

"Anyway so how does it look?" Big sis asked. Naofumi was pouring a bottle of the crest liquid into his shield ignoring what big sis said. "What was that?" Naofumi asked.

"Never mind." Big sis said. I stood next to her and leaned towards her ear. "Big brother Naofumi is an idiot, but I think it's looks beautiful big sis." I said. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you, Y/n." Big sis said. 

"I'm amazed, you've help this scrawning bag of bones grow so much in such a short amount of time." SM said, "you could get 20 gold pieces for her if she was a virgin. 35 gold pieces."