Chapter 25

Monday, two days before the interschool begins. I'm here at the gym for morning practice, I'm the only one here in the gym. I wonder where are my teammates. I glimpse at the wall clock, near the stage. 20 mins. Before our practice will begin, am I too early or they just forgot that we have practice? Anways as I waited for them I decided to put out the equipments needed. I supposed to go in the storage room when I saw a familiar figure near the door.

I didn't bother to looked at her anymore. I just walked myself to storage room, when suddenly she grip my wrist, I didn't notice she walked that fast.

"Jen can we talk, please." she softly said. I didn't respond to her, instead I'm trying to let go of my wrist by twisting it. "Jen, Please?" her voice is about to break, but she manage it.

"let go of my hand, your hurting me" I said in monotonous. She immediately let go of the grip.

"I'm sorry. you're dad texted me, you haven't eaten the wholeday yesterday and breakfast today, so I brought you this." She handed me the paper bag that she's holding. But I didn't accept it

"if you think I will sign that fucking Marriage contract, because you doing this. Then youre wrong" I said.

"I'm not doing this because of that contract, Jen, I'm doing this because I really care about you" she said sincerely. She held my hand by her free hand and put the paper bag into it "please, take care of yourself. You have games coming up, atleast eat, Nini." I don't want to see her or near her. It will just trigger the pain.

"can you please leave now, I have something important to do." I said when I saw one of my teammate's coming in. She just nod and before she could walked away I spoke again "I hope no one will know about that stupid contract Manoban." I firmly said and walked to the storage room.  I put the paper bag in the trashcan when I saw one, I cannot eat those. And beside I already texted Jisoo if she can grab me a McDonald's. And thankfully she said yes

"Jennie! What is happening to you!" coach yell, when I didn't set the ball properly "the game is just few days from, Exactly two days from now. Focus!" coach clapped his hand to continue the practice.

"good receive!" coach exclaim, when somi receive the ball. I ran the ball to set, when the ball slip into my hand and double hit it. Fuck. "gather up!" I can feel coach is super mad right now, and I understand him. I acknowledge that I fuck up this practice. No excuses. I'm the team captain so I must be the role model but I commit errors over and over again.

"Jen, you looked out of focus today, what's happening?" coach asked, but his voice is not mad anymore rather worried.

"nothing coach. No excuses. I'm willing to take the punishment" I said.

"I will not punish you today since the game is almost near, please gather your thoughts for we need you in the game. We have last practice this afternoon amd I hope that you will be back in yourself." coach stated.

"Yes coach, and Sorry for my mistake" I bow to apologize to him and also to my team mates. They'd been amazing through out the whole practice, and I'm a bit,no I'm very embarrassed on my performance today.

"okay! I will not hold you anymore, see you this afternoon everyone!" we all bowed to him and thanked him for today. And he leaves.

"Hey Captain are you okay?" Jisoo asked. My team mates gather and I can see it in their eyes, how worried they are.

"I'm fine guys, I'm really sorry for my performance today" I said to them.

"It's okay captain, I'm sure you just have a bad day today" Nayeon stated.

"Thank you, guys, I'll make sure to recover later." I put my hand in front, then everyone followed. I count until  two.

"hana, dul" I started