➳ Vampire Diaries

❝I was feeling epic

I was feeling epic.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
It's Elena's first day back at Mystic Falls High School since the tragic death of her parents. Along with her Aunt Jenna, Elena tries her best to look after her troubled younger brother, Jeremy, and salvage what family they have left. The first day is already shaping up to be a struggle for Elena until she meets the mysterious new kid at school, Stefan. Elena is touched that he can relate to what she's going through. What Elena doesn't know is that Stefan is a vampire, constantly resisting the urge to taste her blood. As their undeniable connection grows deeper, Stefan's dangerous older brother, Damon, shows up to wreak havoc on the town of Mystic Falls - and claim Elena for himself.

SEASONS:
8 seasons with about 20 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2009-2017]

AGE RATING: 16

GENRE:
Supernatural
Mystery
Drama
Horror

CAST:
Nina Dobrev
Ian Somerhalder
Paul Wesley
Candice Accola
Katerina Graham

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
Netflix
Amazon Prime

MY OPINION:
Where is the best place to start? The beginning, of course! Vampire Diaries was actually the first Teen Drama I've ever seen. I was 11, innocent, naive and thought while being on my unhealthy vampire-obsession it would be like Twilight. Nope! I was very disturbed because as you can see the series' age rating is 16 and the only "mystery" show I've watched before was Just add Water (seriously still the best Show ever) In my opinion, however, you can also watch the show if you're younger if you don't mind to see bloody scenes and are able to understand more mature scenes.

I liked the plot itself quite well and I also liked the characters. This is probably a typical series á la I like the supporting characters more than the protagonist, in this case Elena, who somehow annoyed me. 

In some moments, however, some things seemed a bit far-fetched and the storylines were a bit confused. You really have to stick to watching it, because otherwise you won't get along at some point.

I've been crying a lot during the last season. So thumbs up for that as I love it when shows are able to affect me emotionally!

BINGE FACTOR: 6/10
I sometimes took quite long breaks between episodes or seasons, because I didn't necessarily feel the need to keep watching as it wasn't always thrilling. But I might rewatch the series because it was quite a long time ago that I've seen the first seasons.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Damon Salvatore
Caroline Forbes
Bonnie Bennett
Kai Parker

FAVORITE SHIPS:
Bonnie + Enzo
Caroline + Klaus

RATING: 7/10

RECOMMENDED:
If you love vampires/supernatural-stories and have nothing against cringy love stories and love triangles, this show may be something for you! However, if you can't see brutal scenes and blood well, you may be less likely to enjoy it 😄

I'm not sorry that I watched it