➳ Thirteen Reasons Why

❝Welcome to your tape

Welcome to your tape.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Clay finds a mysterious package on his doorstep. It contains 13 audio tapes of his secret crush Hannah. In it, she explains why she committed suicide.

SEASONS:
4 with 13 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2017-2020]

FSK: 16

GENRE:
Teen Drama

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
Netflix

CAST:
Dylan Minnette
Katherine Langford
Alisha Boe
Brandon Flynn
Ross Butler
Christian Navarro
Justin Prentice

MY OPINION:
There is probably no more controversial show than 13 Reasons Why. This was actually the first show I watched on Netflix and may have even been one of the reasons I got a Netflix subscription. Years ago I had also read the book, but I must honestly say that I liked the show much better! Because there you not only heard Hannah's or Clay's view of things, but could look behind the motives of the other various characters. I also loved the fact that the show goes far beyond the actions of the book, because there is always more to tell and no season is boring. However, the creators didn't do themselves any favors with the character introduction of Ani in the third season, because I even disliked her more than Bryce, the actual "antagonist". What I like in this regard, however, is that there is no real antagonist per se, because no one is just evil from the ground up. After all, there's always more than one point of view ;)

I just freshly watched the fourth season (and unfortunately the last one) and I'm still pretty flashed. There is hardly a series that has taken me so much emotionally and although the third season wasn't quite as good as the others, the fourth pulled it out again in my opinion.

I also like the messages, especially the ones in the latest season. The series makes you think about very serious topics and shows that life also has good sides and you should not give up. Because everyone has people who love you and good times always follow bad ones. And stay away from drugs, kids ;)

BINGE FACTOR: 8/10
There are moments (mostly at the beginning of each season) when you don't feel the urge to continue watching, but from the halfway point on you can't help but want to know what happens next. The best example was yesterday, when I watched 5 episodes in a row, each one lasting an hour xD

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Hannah Baker
Clay Jensen
Tyler Down
Charlie St. George

FAVORITE SHIP:
Hannah + Clay
Alex + Charlie

RATING: 9/10

RECOMMENDATION:
If you are sensitive to issues like bullying, depression, and suicide, you may not want to watch the series. If you need help with just mentioned topics, check out the series homepage, you can get some there or if you want to talk, feel free to message me!

To everyone else, I can definitely recommend the series, because it's definitely one of my favorites!

You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own.