➳ Gossip Girl

❝ One thing about being on the top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall

One thing about being
on the top of the world:
It gives you a long, long way to fall.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
It's a drama based on the lives of privileged Manhattan prep school teens. The students first learn that Serena van der Woodsen, once the Upper East Side's most notorious party girl, is back in town the way they learn all the important news in their lives: from the blog of the all-knowing albeit ultra-secretive Gossip Girl. No one knows Gossip Girl's identity, but everyone in this exclusive and complicated vicious circle relies on her website and text messages for the latest scoop. Even Serena's closest friend, Blair Waldorf, is surprised to find that Serena has suddenly ended her self-imposed exile to boarding school and returned to Manhattan. Keeping track of the shifting friendships, jealousies and turmoil in this wealthy and complex world isn't easy, but it's what Gossip Girl does best.

SEASONS:
5 seasons with approx. 20 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2007-2012]

AGE RATING: 12

GENRE:
Drama

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
HBO MAX

MY OPINION:
Definitely one of my favorite shows! I love most of the characters and the whole storyline. The many seasons do not feel compelled and I really enjoyed all of them, even though the final felt kinda rushed.

By wanting to know who Gossip Girl is, you really want to keep watching. I wasn't disappointed to finally knew who it was! I didn't see it coming, but it made sense to a certain degree.

What bothered me, however, was that my OTP wasn't together in the end and the character of Rufus was completely destroyed by the end. Also you have to take into account that the show is a little older and the electronic devices are not really modern. However, I have heard that there will soon be a spin off or something like that and I am very excited!

BINGE FACTOR: 6/10
It's not necessarily exciting in many episodes now, but the show is not supposed to be exciting all the time. I loved watching the show and never had to force myself to keep watching.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Blair Waldorf
Chuck Bass
Eric van der Woodsen

FAVORITE SHIPS:
Blair + Chuck
Rufus + Lily

RATING: 8/10

RECOMMENDED:
If you fancy something light that you don't have to think about too much, then maybe you should give it a chance. Here, too, love and friendship are in the focus, but also family conflicts and many intrigues. So if you love Teen dramas and the creepy/supernatural shows aren't necessarily your things, this is your show!

Spotted: a really good show!
XOXO Gossip Girl