➳ How to get away with murder

❝That's how you get away with murder

That's how
you get away with murder.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Charismatic and brilliant professor Annalise Keating offers the course 'How to Get Away with Murder' at Middleton Law School. She also works as a criminal defense attorney. Annelise chooses five particularly ambitious and highly intelligent students from her class to help her defend her clients. Whoever does the best job and particularly impresses Annalise is to be rewarded with a trophy. Students Wes, Michaela, Laurel, Connor and Asher are very ambitious, each wanting to win. But they soon encounter dark secrets and are pushed to their limits - and beyond - as they solve the cases.

SEASONS:
6 seasons with approx. 20 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2014-2020]

FSK: 16

GENRE:
Drama
Thriller
Mystery

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
Netflix

MY OPINION:
I love this show! While it was something completely different than I've usually watched before, I was pleasantly surprised. It has the necessary amount of humor and suspense, but it's also pretty interesting as you get a little insight into the world of lawyers. The storyline is really interesting because the aspiring lawyers have to use what they've learned to cover up a murder *cough* not just one murder *cough* and the twists often leave your mouth open. The series gives you a lot to puzzle and speculate, what could have led to the events. However, it is also quite demanding and nothing to just watch on the side, because you really have to pay attention and much more consists of dialogue than action.

I haven't seen the last season yet, because it hasn't been released in Germany yet, but I can't wait!

BINGE FACTOR: 9/10
Again, after each episode you really want to keep watching and can't stop, because you really want to know what happens next. However, since you're not glued to the screen as much as in Money Heist, it gets a point deduction here, because a lot of it is just drivel.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Asher Millstone
Annalise Keating
Frank Delfino

FAVORITE SHIP:
Connor + Oliver

RATING: 8/10

RECOMMENDATION:
If you're not into cheesy love stories a la Vampire Diaries and are looking for something sophisticated, definitely check it out! It is rather incidentally about love, but it's not left out completely! A lot of suspense, but not much action. It's very much about the psyche of the characters, which by the way are really great! I can definitely recommend this show!

Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?