➳ Game of Thrones

❝Winter is coming

Winter is coming.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Seven kingdoms populate the continent of Westeros, where wars, power struggles between royal houses, murders and intrigues are the order of the day. While a gigantic ice wall in the north protects the land from outside dangers, seas separate the rest of the continent from other countries and cultures. At the center of the power shifts are three powerful noble houses: the Starks, the Lannisters and the Baratheons. But the Targaryen royal family, deposed and exiled years ago, also plans its return to the seat of power. The dangerous intrigues eventually lead to a war that destabilizes the entire continent. In addition, a sinister, centuries-old power appears in the north, whose actions will have terrible consequences for all the inhabitants of Westeros.

SEASONS:
8 with 10 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2011-2019]

AGE RATING: 16

GENRE:
Fantasy
Drama

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
HBO

MY OPINION:
Exactly three years ago I was still watching and learning to love this show. After a failed attempt where I stopped after the first episode, I gave it another chance and didn't regret it.

In the beginning it's really hard to get into, because the series is quite demanding and you really can't miss a second, because you are constantly thrown with new important information. After one season, however, you should be halfway in and will still have moments of realisation throughout the series, because from the beginning almost nothing sounds coherent with all the different kingdoms and families. It helps if you read about it on the internet, but don't get spoiled!

The show is pretty brutal, sad, exciting, but doesn't spare humor in some places. Once I got into the story, I really enjoyed watching the series and rooting for it. Fight scenes were a pain, as you could never be sure your character would survive. G.R.R Martin isn't known for sparing the best characters, after all. 😪

It's true that the last season wasn't really the best and seemed quite forced, as everything suddenly happened quite fast and the ending isn't really satisfying either. That's why I will definitely read the last book, should it come out some day. xD

Overall though, the story and characters really hooked me and I was very sad when it was over. The series has great actors and special effects to offer. It's no wonder it's so popular and I will definitely watch it again in the future at my leisure. Especially now that I understand everything. I am also very excited about the Spin off!

BINGE FACTOR: 8/10
There are many blatant twists and turns that you didn't foresee, and the high rate of unpredictable deaths makes you root for your favorite character. As exciting as the series is in many places, there are also some boring moments.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Jon Snow
Sansa Stark
Tyrion Lannister
Samwell Tarly

FAVORITE SHIP:
/

RATING: 9/10

RECCOMENDATION:
Not necessarily just for medieval fans, since I'm not one myself. If you have a little patience to really get into the series, then the world will certainly captivate you. Accordingly, it is quite demanding, there are scenes with a lot of violence and sex. However, if that doesn't bother you, you should definately give the show a chance. Even if you didn't like the first few episodes, keep watching, it will be worth it!

If you think this has a happy ending
you haven't been paying attention.