➳ Breaking Bad

❝Say my name

Say my name.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Shortly after his 50th birthday, unassuming family man and chemistry teacher Walter White receives a devastating cancer diagnosis and is devastated. His meager salary is not enough to pay for treatment or to provide for his family after his death. However, when he accompanies his brother-in-law Hank, a DEA agent, on a drug sting, Walter has an insane idea. In desperation, he makes the momentous decision to use his knowledge as a chemical expert to produce crystal meth of particularly high quality. With the help of his former student Jesse Pinkmann, now a petty criminal, he plans to sell the drug. In the time he has left, he wants to make as much money as possible and put it aside for his family. So Walter and Jesse start cooking meth in an old RV in the desert of New Mexico.

SEASONS:
5 seasons with approximately 10 episodes each

STATUS:
Completed
[2008-2013]

FSK: 16

GENRE:
Drama
Thriller

WHERE YOU CAN WATCH IT:
Netflix

MY OPINION:
Breaking Bad is one of the best series of all time and is just cult. It was so successful that there even was a continuing movie and a spin-off. Although I first doubted whether the series is something for me, I was pleasantly surprised. (My boyfriend forced me to watch it lol) Before I watched more typical teen stuff like Vampire Diaries etc. and this series was not my favorized genre. However, I really enjoyed watching it. Humor and serious themes are present in equal measure and you root for Walter and Jesse as they manage to escape tricky situations again and again. Sometimes there are some violent scenes, so it may not be for everyone, and in many places there is a lot of jabbering. In summary, however, can be said: versatile and interesting characters and something totally different! Great series!

Update: I watched it now for the second time and love it even more!

BINGE FACTOR: 7/10
There were also some boring parts, where you don't necessarily right click on the next episode, but I didn't have to force myself to continue watching. In any case, it remains equally exciting!

FAVORITE CHARACTERS:
Jesse Pinkman
Saul Goodman
Hank Schrader

FAVORITE SHIP:
/

RATING: 9/10

RECOMMENDATION:
If you don't mind "more mature" themes and some violence on a show and are looking for something different and exciting, you might give this series a shot. I would recommend this show to you if you liked Money Heist, Narcos, Good Girls or How to get away with murder. However, I recommend it in any case!

Yeah Science!