Chapter 9

(Dipper pov)

It's been several days since they found out that Kill's lover was my mom. Honestly, I can barely remember anything about her. I just remember her face and that's it. Maybe I'm not as shocked as I should be because since everyone already thought she was dead I had already mourned for her years ago. Kill won't leave his room so Bill has started taking me hunting instead. "Dipper." I come out of my daze as Bill snaps his fingers in my face. "Are you even listening?"

"I'm sorry, just lost in my head I guess." I nervously rub my arm, honestly being scared of pissing this guy off on accident.

"I told you a million times to pay attention. This is one of our most important jobs. If you mess up out here you won't just be screwing yourself over, you'll be screwing the whole clan over as well."

"I know I know, I'm sorry."

"Just pay attention." He continues walking and I jog to keep up with him as we go through the forest looking and listening for any signs of anyone out here. The silence is interrupted by my stomach deciding to loudly remind me how hungry I am. Bill gives me an annoyed look. "Seriously, you're hungry again? You know several of us have gone longer without food then you."

"I-I'm sorry....." I look down feeling ashamed.

He sighs and I can tell he's annoyed. ".....Next person we find I'll let you drain if you're that fucking hungry."

"But you were just saying that doing things like that will screw the clan over."

"I know what I fucking said!" He turns to me glaring angrily at me as he yells. I flinch back, slightly whimpering. He takes a few breathes before speaking again. "I'm sorry, Dipper, I didn't mean to lose my cool like that. Just been annoyed with Kill and things aren't going good in the castle."

"....is he really that mad at me that he won't leave his room?"

"I don't think it's that he's mad, I think it's just that you look a lot like your mother. Next person we find is yours, better for you to waste someone out here the one of the slaves anyway." We keep walking but he puts an arm across my chest as we abruptly stop. I go to ask why we stopped but then I hear the footsteps and sound of crunching leaves. He grabs me around the waist putting a hand over my mouth as he jumps into the branches of a nearby tree. I look down at the ground and see an injured man limping through the woods. I see and smell the blood leaking from a wound on his shoulder, the blood spilling down his tan trench coat. He looks around and I recognize him as Ford! Oh no no no! I don't want to attack him but I can't control myself once I smell blood. I feel my hunger taking over. It's like something else controls my movements and I'm just a passenger stuck along for the ride. I feel myself struggling against Bill, my only thoughts are about how much I want to feed. "Dipper, stop and fucking control yourself! You are not allowed to let any of the Pines see you and you know that!" Bill whisper yells in my ear as I struggle against him.

I bite his hand hard making him let go of me and watch as my body lunges for Ford. He sees me and sidesteps out of the way barely missing me as I roll on the ground quickly getting to my feet, baring my fangs and hissing at him. His eyes widen in shock upon recognizing me. "Dipper? Oh god....what did those monsters do to you?" I say nothing, feeling a low growl rising in the back of my throat. I don't want to do this, I don't want this to happen. I hate how hungry I am and I hate how it's going to make me kill my family like this. I see him point a gun at me. "I'm warning you, Dipper, I don't want to use this on you but I will if I have to." It's like my hunger doesn't even care that he's willing to kill me because my body lunges at him again before getting tackled to the ground.

I try to get up but I feel strong arms pull me back against someone's chest and hold me there, his legs holding down my kicking legs as I struggle to get out of his arms. "Pinetree, for fucksake just calm down!" I recognize Bill's voice but no matter how hard I try I can't get any control of my own body. "You are such a pain in the ass." He holds his hand in front of my face and I see his hand bleeding from where I bit him. "If you're hungry then help yourself." I hungrily bite into his hand but the minute I feel his bloody going down my throat I try to spit it out, it feeling like fire going down my throat. I feel the hunger still linger but I stop struggling as I get control of my body again. "You good now?"