Chapter 21

Hound Dog's office was simple and cozy. There was a small desk in the corner with a computer and a small bookshelf. Hound Dog sat in an armchair and Izuku took a seat on the small couch across from him.

"I'll let you get comfortable before we start." Hound Dog said as he pulled out a notebook. "Go ahead and take a look around. Become familiar with the space."

Izuku took the opportunity to look over at the bookshelf. Most of them were about getting a healthy mindset, the effects on heroes' mental health and life stability. Once he got a good idea of Hound Dog's collection, Izuku began to look at the walls. On a cork board Hound Dog had photos with some of his previous students. Some of the faces were familiar and he was even able to name a few.

"Ready to start," Hound Dog asked. Izuku nodded and began to play with the ends of his sleeves. "First, I want you to know that everything we talk about stays within this room. The only time I will speak to anyone else about what we talk about is when it concerns your health and safety."

"I-I know, I quickly looked up the common rules for social workers and counselors before school this morning. The only time you'll talk to someone is if I say something that would indicate I'm in danger of harming myself or others. And the only people you can speak to are doctors, the police and Principal Nezu. The only time you can talk to my mother is with my permission." Izku rambled as he relayed the information he had gathered from the internet.

Hound Dog chuckled before continuing. "That's correct. Now your mother mentioned you've been having nightmares. Can you tell me what they are about?"

"T-they're mostly about Tomura Shigaraki killing Eraserhead or one of my friends." Izuku said with his head down, staring at his hands. "The first night, he killed Eraserhead. The second, he killed Eraserhead and Mei-chan. And last night, he killed Eraserhead and Kacchan before I woke up."

"I see," Hound Dog finished writing it down. "Were they all killed the same way?"

"Yes, he would grab their neck and use his quirk."

"I'm sorry, Midoriya. It is never pleasant to dream of someone's death. How have you been coping after the USJ? Have you spoken to your mother? Your friends?" Hound Dog asked, looking Izuku in the eye. Izuku was surprised at how calming Hound Dog's voice was. It was deep, but steady. Izuku liked the feeling of safety it brought.

"I haven't really liked talking about it, whenever I do it makes whoever I'm talking to sad or worried." Izuku said honestly. He hated making his mother worried or scared for him, but that had always been a given with his quirklessness.

"Well, if there is anything you want to talk about-"

"There is," Izuku interrupted. Hound Dog seemed surprised that Izuku was willing to talk about the USJ so soon. To be clear, so was Izuku, but there were things that Izuku worried he couldn't keep bottled up. And his mother always said 'When you can't get through it alone, ask someone you trust'. Izuku trusted Hound Dog. He was a hero, a teacher and a certified counselor. Izuku could trust him.

"Well, whenever you're ready. There is no proper way to talk, just say what feels right." Hound Dog said. He was giving Izuku all of his attention, and Izuku loved it. It reminded him of Mr. Murata when Izuku shared his ideas.

"W-well, I feel guilty," Izuku started. Hound Dog nodded, encouraging him to elaborate. "I pressured Mei-chan to do something she wasn't comfortable doing. I put her in danger. She wanted us to stay hidden in the storage room, but I made her feel obligated to leave."

"It was a tough scenario. One no one wishes to be in." Hound Dog said as he nodded.

"I also made her continue on on her own." Izuku continued. "She wanted to stay together, but I made us separate."