Chapter 9:

Cassie's P.O.V:

We got to school and I saw Michael standing with a few of his other friends. I started to get my class stuff from my locker.

" Hi." I heard Michael say.

I turned to face him. " Hi."

" We haven't talked in a long time." Michael said leaning against the lockers.

" I know." I said pulling out a text book.

" Michael." I heard Luke say.

" Luke." Michael said.

" Why are you talking to Cassie?" Luke asked crossing his arms across his chest.

" Cause I can." Michael said turning to face him.

" You can't talk to Cassie."

" Why not?" Michael said stepping closer to Luke.

" Cause you can't."

" She's not your property. Anyone can talk to her if they want."

Luke grabbed Michael's shirt collar and slammed him into the lockers. " You do as I say and no one gets hurt."

" Make me." Michael said smiling.

Luke slammed Michael into the lockers harder.

" Stop!" I said.

Michael kicked Luke and Luke dropped him. Michael grabbed Luke's arm and held it behind his back. Luke swung his arm around and punched Michael in the side of the head.

" Stop!" I yelled.

Piper and Tay tried to pull me away and I was fighting their grip.

Luke threw Michael down to the ground and started punching him.Michael pushed Luke off and started punching him. I broke free from Tay and Piper's grip and ran over to the boys.

" Stop!" I yelled again.

I tried pulling Michael off Luke and Michael swung and punched me in the head. The boys stopped fighting and looked at me.

" Look what you did!" Luke shouted and started punching Michael.

Michael fell on the ground and Luke kept punching him.

" Michael! Luke!" I screamed trying to push them away from each other.

Someone grabbed Michael and Luke and the fighting stopped. Our principal looked at me.

" Cassie. Please come with me."

I followed the principal as she had Luke and Michael in tow. She led us to the office and had us sit in the lobby.

She pulled Luke back into her office first and Michael and I sat there.

" Are you ok?" Michael asked looking at me.

" Don't talk to me." I said sitting back.

" Im sorry Cassie."

" Why'd you do it?" I asked turning to him.

" I didn't like the way Luke treated you."

" Why does that involve you?"

" I just wanted to be friends."

" But what happens between me and Luke isn't any of your business."

" I hate how he treats you! He treats you like your a piece of trash! Like your nothing!"

The principal's office door opened and Luke walked out. He walked out of the office without looking at me.

" Cassie." The principal called.

" Maybe I am." I said standing up and walking over to the principle's office