Chapter 38:

Piper's P.O.V:

" Michael!" Calum said pointing to him.

Michael stood up straight and looked at Calum. " Yes?"

" What are you doing here?" Calum asked stepping towards the group.

Luke and Ashton stepped forward and pulled Calum back.

" He was gonna help the girls pack up their stuff. He didn't try and do anything."

" How can I trust you?" Calum asked.

" Calum." Tay said.

Calum looked at her.

" He didn't try anything. I promise." Tay said.

" He spent most of the time talking to us. Nothing much happened." Cassie said.

" Yeah. I promise you I'm not like that anymore. I don't really like Tay anymore." Michael said.

Calum walked over to Tay's bed and sat down in the chair beside it.

" Wait. Why are we all here?" I asked looking around.

" Well me and Piper were being tracked down and we had to jump off a cliff into water." Cassie said.

" You what?" Tay asked.

" We're fine. What about you?" I asked Tay.

" I don't exactly know." Tay said sounding confused.

" I know." Calum said. " She came over to tell us what was going on. After the boys went over to your house Tay stayed with me and we just sat and talked. When Tay got the call about you two being in the hospital she started running here. She ran and fell on the ground and her head slammed onto the ground."

" You okay?" I asked.

" Yeah. I'm fine."

" I'm not." Ashton said.

" Oh. Come on!" I shouted at Ashton.

" I can't!"

" Grow up!"

" I am!"

" Clearly your not."

" Guys." Cassie said.

" I am."

" No. Your not."

" Guys." Cassie said again.

" I am! I'm more grown than you!"

" Bull!"

" Guys!" Cassie screamed.

" What?!" Ashton and I asked at the same time and looking at her.

" Be quiet!" She said.

" Why?" Ashton asked.

" Your being immature and freaking us all out!" Cassie said.

I just looked at her and sighed. I walked over to the door and into the hall.

" Piper." Cassie called out.

I continued to walk and someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and Ashton was holding my arm.

" Piper. I'm sorry." Ashton said.

" No. Your not."

" I truly am."

" Just let go. You don't have to be sorry anymore." I said slipping my arm out of his grip.

" I can't let go. You were the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't know if you feel the same about me. I want you to feel the same about me but I know that might now happen."

" Ashton. Please. Don't do this." I said.

The tears were about to fall so I turned around to hide my face. Ashton turned me around so I could look at him.

" Piper. I love you." Ashton said.

He pulled me into a kiss and a few seconds later he stopped kissing me. He looked down at me and I looked at the ground.

" I'm sorry." I said turning around and walking away from him.

I reached the end of the hall and stopped. I backed up against the wall and slid down until I was sitting on the floor. I covered my face and started crying.

" I don't want to let you go either." I whispered.