Language of the Dragons // C.W

Charlie Weasley

Fluff

761 Words

A/N: Hufflepuff reader (sorry if you aren't Hufflepuff but it doesn't really matter to the story.) Flashbacks in Italics. This one is short and sweet.

Working on the reserve was my dream job. But even dreams aren't perfect. Ever since I was little I have always loved magical creatures. When I got to Hogwarts, as soon as we had to elect subjects for our OWLs, I selected Care of Magical Creatures. Eventually just before I left Hogwarts I got a job offer in Romania on a Dragon Reserve. I agreed straight away knowing that that particular reserve was one of the best in the world. I already knew a little Romanian as well so there wouldn't be too much of a language barrier.

When I first arrived at the reserve I was checked in and showed to my cabin. After I settled in I was given a tour. We were halfway round the reserve when I came across a familiar face. Charlie Weasley was just coming out of a pen holding an empty bucket. He obviously had just been feeding the Norwegian Ridgeback. We quickly introduced ourselves and I recognised him as an old classmate of mine's older brother. I was in the same year as Percy Weasley but as I was in Hufflepuff we rarely spoke. I also knew Charlie as he was captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and I was on the Hufflepuff team.

That was a few years ago now. Me and Charlie ended up going on date a few weeks after we met and found we have a lot in common. We now have been dating three years and share a cabin. It honestly been some of the best years of my life. Working my dream job along-side my dream guy. As cheesy as that sounds its true. One thing me and Charlie had never really spoken about though was our future. I had no idea where we were heading with our relationship and I am hoping that one day I will be able to settle down. I just hope that it is with Charlie.

***

I had just finished work for the day, and I was exhausted to say the least. One of the trainees got too close to a pregnant dragon and ended up with third degree burns. I had to then calm the poor creature down and fill in the paperwork. By the time I got back to the cabin, Charlie was already there. He was cooking dinner as I walked in and I was secretly relieved that I wouldn't have to after the day I had.

"Hey love, dinner is going to be ready soon." Charlie smiled at me. I weakly grinned back but after today I failed. "What's wrong Y/N?" he asked. I could hear the worry in his voice. He started to get ready to dish up dinner and I helped.

I sighed and started explaining my day. I was just exhausted and venting to Charlie helped me a lot. After I finished telling him about my day, he told me about his. He had it a lot better as he just had normal rounds. No trainees becoming a roast and no paperwork.

"Sounds like that trainee doesn't speak the language of the dragons then." He laughed. "I tell you what, we'll do the washing up together and then have a cuddle. How does that sound?" he asked I smiled at him.

"It sounds perfect."

We did the washing up together and sat down on the sofa. We were cuddling for around half an hour when Charlie suddenly got up. I presumed he went to the bathroom, so I stayed on the sofa. A few minutes later he came back but instead of sitting beside me he sat opposite me on the coffee table.  He looked at me and smiled. I would be lying if I said it didn't freak me out a little.

"Y/N, since the day you came onto the reserve I knew that I wanted to be with you. You have taught me so much these last few years and I can't imagine my life without you." He then got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. "Hopefully, I can make this bad day of yours a little better. So, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you please marry me?" He asked.

I had tears streaming down my face and nodded. I then launched myself towards him and tackled him in a hug. Not allowing him time to put the ring on my finger.

When I eventually let go he put the ring on my finger and kissed me. This was the best ending I could ever have to a bad day.