Chapter 17

[Jennie]

I watched them as they walked out of the club. I wonder what happened between Rosie and Jisoo. I don't care about Lisa tho. She  can fuck whoever she wants. I don't care. Why am I pissed anyway? I sighed and looked on my side to find Rosie almost chugging down her drink.

"Woah! Easy girl!", I commented as my eyes widened at her action.

She exhaled sharply as soon as she finished her glass and forcefully smashed it on the table.

"Are you okay?", I asked in concern. Her mood just suddenly changed right after she went back here. I felt the urge to ask what happened. Hyeri was looking at her in concern as well while her one arm is wrapping on her shoulder.

"Rosie Posie, what happened?", I held her arm to stop her from drinking again.

"Nothing", she murmured monotonously. I scoffed and pursed my lip. Of all people, she would actually dare to lie to me.

"Rosie", I called her again and she sighed heavily. I can sense she's about to cry so I caressed her hand.

"Hyeri could be the one", she uttered. I knitted my eyebrows, not getting what she means.

"I'm sorry, you lost me there", I told her honestly.

"It shouldn't be Jisoo, Jen. It should be Hyeri", she spoke near me so that Hyeri couldn't hear what she was saying. How can she be so sure of what she wants? When clearly, her feelings defy everything she's saying.

"Let's just go home", I told her. I slightly pinched her cheek and looked softly at her. I know Lisa is an asshole but I can't let our conflict affect my best friend's love story. She likes Jisoo, I can see that and I only want happiness for her.

"Jennie", Seulgi caught my attention and I averted my eyes from my best friend for a brief moment.

"Uhm.. can I have your number?", she was just sitting across me and I can see how she gulps nervously.

"Seulgi can be the one", Rosie suddenly whispered beside me. I looked down briefly but ended up glancing back to Seulgi.

With a single sigh and a small smile, I nodded.

"Sure"

---

It's been 5 days since I've met Seulgi in that night club. It's also been 5 days since I last saw Lisa. She never visited my office again and I never heard of her again. Maybe she went back to her old routine, being a casino dealer. Do I miss her? No. I was actually relieved that I didn't see her anymore. I am relieved that she won't confuse me again.

Guess what? after that night at the club, Seulgi and I started texting each other. Let's just say, we kinda clicked. I like her personality, she can be cool and goofy at the same time. You won't imagine a hot DJ throwing corny ass jokes just to make me laugh. She makes me laugh most of the time. Does my heart flutter with her? Not yet, but, she makes me feel comfortable. It feels like she's someone I already know in the past, and I feel safe with her. Yes, that's how I feel around her.

Now, I'm sitting here on my swivel chair, looking down on my laptop, reading reports, signing documents. My shoulders already felt stiffed since I was sitting here since morning. I never left my office and I just asked my secretary to buy me a meal outside so I can finish everything I need to do. I was almost done when an unexpected visitor came into my office. It's the last person I want to see right now.

"Hanbin?", I stood up with furrowed brows. He's wearing a gray suit and round specs. For some people, they might find him attractive, but for me, no. I know better than anyone else how an asshole he is. He's just hiding behind a facade. He's a literal demon for me. He's the worst, a psycho. He's as arrogant as Lisa so I hate them both. He flashed me his full smile and gave me the flowers he brought. It looks luxurious but I'm not into flowers. Plus, his taste of flowers sucks. his tactics won't work on me.