Chapter 26

[Lisa]

"So that's the kitten?", My dad asked as I went downstairs. I know he's wondering and surely surprised seeing me with a girl. After Irene left  me, I never introduced any girl to them.

"Yes dad. That's Jennie Kim, the CEO of Kim Telecom", I muttered.

"Kim Telecom?", my dad queried, looking at me through his eye glasses. Our house helper prepared some sandwiches and I grabbed one and took a bite on it.

 Our house helper prepared some sandwiches and I grabbed one and took a bite on it

"Yes, sounds familiar to you?", I asked curiously while munching the sandwich.

"Well, what a coincidence. I think she's the one I'll be meeting tomorrow. Remember I told you that I'll be representing Mr. Lee tomorrow. But I don't understand, why did you bring her here looking like that? Did something happen?"

I was a bit surprised with what my father said. What a total coincident indeed. I guess fate really goes with me this time. I smirked and swallowed the sandwich and grinned at my dad.

"I saved her from the perverted asshole. Dad can I ask a favor?", I took a seat beside him on the couch. He was reading some newspaper. I wonder why my dad stays old school when he can check on the news online.

"So you're like a knight in shining armor, huh? Looks like my princess has someone to protect now. Okay what is it?", he placed down the newspaper on the small table and glanced at me.

"I'm just protecting her coz we have a deal

"I'm just protecting her coz we have a deal. Dad, I know this is not a small thing to ask, but I want to know what's your plan with the Kim Telecom. I know Mr. Lee is the CEO, but he's not really the boss. You can always talk with the boss about this.", I breathed in and paused. My dad was listening intently.

"Okay? so our plan is to have a partnership with them, that way we can have some connections with the businesses in Korea. But actually that's not a big deal for us. We're just doing it because Mr. Lee said he owes that guy who asked this partnership.", he explained.

So Mr. Lee owes Hanbin. I squinted my eyes trying to connect the dots.

"Mr. Lee knows Kim Hanbin?", I muttered.