Chapter 20

[Lisa]

"Where do you wanna go?", I asked her. I was really expecting for her to take my offer. And she did. I glanced at her waiting for her answer.

"Anywhere, away from here", she said. I smirked and focused my eyes on the road. Where would we go?

"Alright, let's go to Hawaii", I blurted out, that's the first thing that came to my mind. I don't know, I just feel like we both need some breather.

I was a little bit startled when she yelled.

"What? I mean just within the country! I can't leave my work!"

Oh yeah, I forgot, she's a very responsible CEO. She can't afford to leave everything.

"Oh yeah, you're right. I was just kidding. Ooh! I have an idea, trust me on this", I winked at her and let out a chuckle. I hit the gas and drove to my Casino.

Before we hop off of the car, Jennie spoke, which made me stop unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Do you like gambling?"

I furrowed my brows since I don't know why suddenly she would ask me that. I mean, isn't it obvious that I like gambling? I own a Casino, I work in there. Everything is gambling for me.

"Why ask the obvious?", I said.

She then breathed out a chuckle and shook her head.

"I don't think you like gambling", she said, sounding so certain.

"What you're saying is absurd", I commented as I slide the seatbelt from my body.

"I'm serious, you don't like gambling", she uttered. I stared at her for a moment, thinking what is going through her mind. As much as I want to retort her statement, it makes me curious why she thinks of me like that.

"Okay? Tell me. Why don't I like gambling?", I queried.
She leaned forward as she rested her chin on her hand, tilting her head as her lips stretched into a smirk.

"You remember our bet?", She asked. I raised my brows as a response.

"Why were you so afraid to gamble with me?", She arched a brow at me, then lifting her finger to my chin. I just scoffed and shoved her hand.

"I'm not afraid. It's because your conditions are  absurd", I answered.

"Nah.. there's no absurd when it comes to gambling, I can even bet my life, it's still gambling. You see, it's our fear that hold us back", she muttered. I was silent for a second. Why is she telling these things to me?

"You don't like to gamble on uncertain things, do you?", Jennie said. I glanced at her, still confused of where this is going.

"What do you mean?", I asked. I would want to step out of the car and just tell her to shut up but I find her statement intriguing.

"Tell me Lisa, what's the biggest bet you could offer?", She asked, leaning her head on the window.

"Biggest bet? My money, my asset", I uttered and shrugged.

"No", she turned her gaze on me, she lift her hand and reached for the necklace hanging around my neck, running her thumb on the pendant. My jaw clenched with what she did. Does she know who I am?

"Who are you Lisa?", She asked. My mouth pressed on a thin line. I knew it.
I held her hand and pulled it away from my necklace.

"Isn't it enough that I'm helping you to get away from Hanbin? I'm Lisa Manoban, the daughter of the owner of this Casino", I told her.