Chapter 2: Aogiri Tree

|Aiko|

It hurt so fucking bad that I wished that I had just went unconscious there and then. I felt my blood drip down from the nape of my neck and soak into the collar of my shirt. I bit my lip hard, drawing blood as I tried to hold back my scream. My hand automatically balled into fists as I clutched his shoulders.
The pain was like a white burning pain that I wanted to end. My body started to feel light and I could hear 'drip, drip, drip' as my blood splatted on the pavement. I tried to push him away but I didn't have enough strength.

Taking his last bite from my arm, he dropped my limp form onto the ground. Through my droopy eyes, I watched as he licked the blood off his mouth and flashed his white teeth to me.

"God, your taste is irresistible. The best I've had in awhile." His voice was husky with lust. Disgusting pig. I could hear him back up giving me a good look. I close my eyes and I thought back to when I had just turned 16 and my mother revealed to me that I had self-healing powers. She taught me how to heal myself but I hadn't done it in so long that I forgot how to do it.

At this moment, I knew that I would die if I didn't heal myself but I can't risk exposing myself to this stranger. I feel a hand touch my cheek and stroke it. "So long, human." I hear Violet's footsteps start to recede and when I thought he was gone, I focused all my strength into my wounds and I could feel the warm golden aura surround my body.

Feeling my wounds close up, I whimpered. It hurt feeling my skin bind back together and repair itself but I'd rather feel this then that man biting into my skin. Suddenly, I feel someone standing in front of me and I look up seeing Violet standing there with his eyes widened like saucers.

"What the fuck! Now that's quite interesting." I close my eyes briefly feeling absolutely exhausted. I lost a lot of blood (which I was sitting in) and I couldn't hold onto my consciousness anymore.

"I'm bringing you with me."

I felt him pick up my body and I was thrown over his shoulder, causing a whimper to fly out my mouth. I would've fought back but my consciousness left me and I was thrown into complete darkness.

If you wake up in an unfamiliar room with a bunch of machines hooked up to you and seeing samples of your blood in a set of small testing tubes, wouldn't you freak out?

There was a breathing mask covering my face which I didn't dare to move because one, I couldn't feel my arms and two, it'd muffle my screaming that would sound like a fucking maniac. Fear filled every inch of my body and I could hear the heart machine start beeping frantically as I went into hyperventilation. A strange man with a mask covering his lower face and a small girl with bandages wrapped around her whole body busted into the room. The little girl tried to calm me down but obviously that didn't work.

"Hand me the sedatives." The man passed the girl a needle filled with clear stuff and she injected it into the IV. She ran her bandaged hand over my hair, stroking it delicately while the man watched me from the corner of the room with his cold eyes.

"Please don't kill me." I mumbled through the breathing mask, my body silently shaking in fear. The girl slowly took off my breathing mask and I opened my mouth to speak again but instead I began full out sobbing.

"It's okay sweetie, we won't hurt you. We're here to help you." The man in the corner approached me, sitting on the chair beside my bed. He took a syringe from his cloak, inserting into my forearm. "This should help with the blood loss." I backed away from both of them and curled myself into a ball. A hand soothingly rubbed my back and whispered soothing words. "We won't hurt you. You are the Golden Apple, the most powerful asset to Aogiri. We've been looking for you for quite awhile since your parents passed away." Looking up, my eyes widened at the two. 'You knew my parents?!" The man nodded. "Your father was a ghoul and your mother was a human with healing powers. It seems that you only developed human traits though. The Fujikawa family has been hunted down by the CCG for decades. They've been searching for you, Aiko." Trying to process all this new information had my head pounding painfully. I groaned and fell back, almost falling over the side of the bed if it wasn't for the man catching me.

"Are you okay?" He lifted me back onto the bed and placed my head gently on the pillow, stroking my forehead lightly. "Ayato, come your ass in here right now." The door opened and in walked my attacker.

         Violet.

I shake in fear and Tatara seems to notice and rubs my arm softly.

"He won't hurt you again." Ayato huffs and Tatara grabs him by the ear, pulling him to the bedside. "Apologize." He rolls his eyes and I giggled when Tatara slapped his head. "I sincerely apologize for attacking you, Ms. Fujikawa." I could hear the sarcasm dripping from each syllable as it came it out his mouth. "Apology NOT accepted." I huffed, crossing my arms and turned away.

Tatara chuckles before pushing Ayato's head down as if he was bowing. "He will be looking after you and will protect you at all costs." He released him and got up from the chair, his eyes smiling at me as he left the room with Eto who was ecstatically waving at me as she left.

Once they have left the room, it was silent except for the beeping of the machines. I could feel his intense stare on my face so I looked down nervously.

"Are you scared of me?" I look up at him in confusion but nod. How couldn't I not be? I was shaking but I tried to control it by fisting my hands underneath the blanket.

For a second, I thought I saw his eyes soften but they turned cold again. He smirks at me and I just stare at him, taking in his features. He really looked handsome with his violet hair.

"You know it's rude to stare at people, right?" I blushed and cover my face behind my hair. "You are so rude, Violet." He suddenly sputters out laughing and I look at him stupidly. "Violet, what kind of pet name is that? I bet it's the name of your dog." I legit face palmed myself. "It's you, dumbass. Have you ever looked in the mirror and noticed your hair is violet?" He frowned, rubbing the back of his neck shyly, knowing he sounded stupid just now. "By the way, Violet is your new pet name so get used to it."

"That's the worst pet name I've heard so far." I sent him a glare causing him to laugh and then I started laughing so hard that my stomach started to hurt. He placed his hand on my forehead, pushing my head into the pillow.

"Go to sleep now." I close my eyes and feel the blanket being covered up to my chest. I thought about everything that had transpired in the last 24 hours and was honestly quite confused.

"Things will be quite interesting between you and I, Ms. Fujikawa."

"It's Aiko."