Chapter 8: Something New

-Ayato-

July 3rd,2020~ 12:22 p.m

All I could hear was 'She's dead'.

In front of me, Tatara was giving orders to Eto but everything he tried, it didn't work. He slumped to the floor and sighed heavily. He stood up, walking towards me and I shrink back in fear.

"Ayato, what happened?" I looked at Tatara with blurry eyes and shook my head.

"I killed her. I killed her. I fucking killed her." That's all I could say. He looked at me, his eyes showing sorrow. It was rare to see him like this. I didn't know why he cared for her so much. I could hear the small sobs as Eto cried.

"Ayato...what happened?" He asked me once again. "She let me...eat her. I couldn't stop myself. My ghoul took over. She collapsed and she died. I killed her. I killed her. It's all my fault." He nodded his head and simply looked over at her.

Eto gasped suddenly and I looked at her, Tatara doing the same. "There is one way we could bring her back. I could use my reviving potion but she'll turn into a ghoul when the potion has completely run through her system. I'm not sure she'll survive the transition though but it's worth a try."

Tatara stood up and walked out the room after giving Eto his consent to use it. I slowly stood up, dragging my feet towards her body. All the wounds had been wrapped and cleaned but you could tell she was dead. Her skin was so white, her veins were showing through. Her lips were blue and when I touched her, she was freezing cold. I added some more blankets trying to keep her warm.

Eto looked at me before leaving the room and coming back. But in her hand was a clear vial with a red liquid in it. She walked towards me and placed it in my hand.

"Give this to her. I'm not guaranteed this will work or she will survive during the transition but this is the only choice we have left. For some reason, I don't know what I would do without her. She's filled with kindness, something Aogiri needs. So whatever you do Ayato, bring her back to us..please" She paused and walked out the room.

I placed my nose to the vial and scrunched up my nose at the smell. It smelled kinda like that cherry candy Aiko had ate the other day. I poured it into my mouth without swallowing it and leaned down to Aiko's lips.

This is like kissing someone but then again I kinda don't mind that it's her.

I slowly transfer the drink into her mouth and she drunk it. Some of the liquid had ran down her chin so I licked it off. I watched Aiko for awhile and saw no change.

"It's not working..." Then suddenly her hand twitched, color flowed back into her skin, her heart began to beat and she took in a big gulp of air. Her eyes slowly open and I gasped.

"Ayato." I smiled and reached down to hug her but once I touched her, she screamed out in pain. I retracted my hand and looked at her with concern. I didn't know what was happening but something was wrong. I moved my hand towards her arm and when my finger barely touched it, she screamed in agony.

Tears were flowing down her face and I watched as her body began to transition. I just hoped that she would make it. The thought of her dying made me cry and crying was something that made me weak but at this point, I didn't care because I already was.

---------

-Aiko-

July 3rd,2020~ 12:30 p.m

When he touched me, it felt like thousands of pins and needles were protruding into my skin. My chest began to feel like it was on fire and my heart was beating so fast, it hurt. My body temperature was slowly rising and it was hard for me to breath.

My eyes were slightly blurry but I could see Ayato sitting there staring at me. Small tears were falling out his eyes and it broke my heart. I heard the door open and watched as Eto and Tatara walked into the room.

"She's already transitioning. I hopes this works and she lives through it."

Transitioning into what?

My thoughts were blocked out as I felt a sharp pain run down my spine and settle on my lower back. I screamed and closed my eyes wishing all the pain would go away. But from there, it worsened. My body felt like it was on fire and when I tried to move, my body would erupt into painful tingles. I whimpered and suddenly an unbearable pain surged through my whole body and I fell unconscious.

I woke up to a pounding headache and aching all over my body. I felt slightly better and waited until the aching and headache had faded away. My body felt different. Like power was surging through me. I sat up and looked around the room, noticing no one was around. I got up and slowly walked to the bathroom, my feet a bit numb.

Standing in front of the mirror, I looked at my hair and face. My hair was tangled in big knots and it smelled horrible. I turned on the hot water and stripped my clothing. I combed my hair, grunting here and there at the pain of my hair pulling. After my hair was nicely combed through, I stepping into the shower and washed my hair.

I was glad that Ayato had grabbed my shampoo and conditioner. I lathered it into my hair and rinsed it off. After my long bath, I got out and put my hair into a bun after squeezing out the excess water. I lotioned my body and walked into my room.

Opening the drawer, I grabbed my black underwear with the matching bra. Going into the closet, I picked out some grey sweats with a white shirt with a black infinity logo.

Walking back into the bathroom, I pulled down my hair and began to brush it up since it was damp. I went to grab the stay-in conditioner cream when an searing pain hit my head. I gripped onto the sink, closing my eyes briefly and waited as the pain faded away. But when I opened my eyes, what I saw made my heart dropped and my head began to spin.

My scleras were black with red pupils... red veins protruding from out my eyes.

I was a ghoul.

My question was answered. They changed me into a ghoul.

I was now a ghoul. The thought was so crazy that my head began to pound painfully, black clouded up my vision and I hit the floor with a hard thud.