Chapter 4: Apology

-Aiko-

~July 2nd, 2020~ 6:21am

It was completely dark.

The only I could feel was coldness surrounding me. Was I dead? It sure felt like it. I was in a deep abyss of black and there was no way out. I felt a unfamiliar warmth wrap around me and it was surprisingly comforting. I felt safe and secure. I tried to move closer into the source of the warmth but my body didn't respond.

Suddenly above me, I could see a bright light shine in the distance. I saw a speck of violet and I thought of Violet. I reached my hand up and the light evaded me, filling me with warmth.

----------

I peeled my eyes open and winced at the slight burning sensation that washed over my body. I heard something move beside me and I turned my head to see Ayato looking at me with wide eyes and his hair tousled.

"You're awake, thank god." I sat up with him supporting my back. I peered into his eyes seeing guilt shimmer in them. "How long have I been asleep?" He scratched his neck and looked down."Only for a few hours. You began healing but suddenly it stopped. What happened?" Looks like I need to explain how my power works.

"I'll explain to you how my power works. I have to limit how much I use and it all depends on how hurt I am. Since I used a bit of power when you attacked me yesterday, I didn't enough because more damage was done so I couldn't heal anymore. I'm basically saying I have a limited amount of power and if I used to much, my life could be in critical danger." I released my breath not knowing I was holding it in.

He nodded his head and comprehended everything I just said. He mumbled under his breath something around 'I have to be careful around her'. I had an urge to ask him but I let it go. I threw the blanket over and sat on the side of the bed, my legs dangling.

He held out his hand and I took it. I stood up when my stomach suddenly rumbled. I blushed and he chuckled." Looks like we need to get some things for you. I'll be back." He released my hand, walking out the room. I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I noticed some blood was on his t-shirt and sweatpants he'd given me.

There was one thing I wanted to know and needed to ask.

Why did he attack me? Maybe he was addicted to my flesh or something. I'll have to ask him later. I didn't know he had came back until I saw him leaning on the doorframe with a cheese biscuit in his hand. He was waving it teasingly and I chuckled. He gave it to me after I dried my face and I began eating, sighing at the deliciousness. He stared at me in amusement and turned away.

I closed off the light and followed after him. Before he went through his room, he turned back to me.   "I'll bring you back some clothes and..." He paused before coming up to me and touched my mouth. I became flustered and pushed him away. He lifted up his thumb and I saw melted cheese. My face heated up and he laughed before walking away leaving me in utter shock and confusion.

Minutes later, he was back with my clothes that I was wearing before I was attacked. But something else was in his hand. A black t-shirt with a bunny on it. He threw them in my arms, me nearly catching it. "You can wear that shirt and your shorts until we get your things from your apartment, ok?" I nodded and he left.

After I freshened up, I was bored. There was nothing to do. I found a few books and there was a TV but I wasn't in the mood to read or watch anything. I laid down on my bed when I heard the door open. I turned around and saw Violet. He came and sat on the bed. Then an idea popped in my head.

"Hey Violet, wanna play 20 questions?" His face twisted up in confusion."What's that?" I hit him on the shoulder playfully before telling him to face me. I explain the rules to him and he nodded.

"Ok, let's start! What's your favorite color?" I thought he would say violet but he said something that made butterflies form in my stomach.

"Blue like your eyes." I looked at him mouth open, eyes wide. He chuckled at my face and I looked away.

"My turn, Aiko. What's your favorite color?"

"Violet like your hair." He scratched his hair and I saw pink form on his cheeks.

"What's your favorite animal?"

"Bunnies." He said softly, pointing at the sweater I was wearing.

'You like bunnies. That's so cute." The tint of pink in his cheeks brighten and I pinched them.

"Hey! What was that for?!?"

I laughed. "You're too cute, Violet."

He looked at me and I looked away. Did I really just say that? I mentally slapped myself. I felt him touch my leg and I looked at him. He was smiling.

"Thanks, I guess." We resumed playing the game and when it was done, I learned so many things about him. It was noon already and I was a bit tired. He noticed and suddenly picked me up, putting me in bed.

We had a small conversation and he left. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

1:30pm

I woke up and had a need to go walk. I got up, walking into Ayato's room. He was laying on his bed looking at the ceiling when he saw me.

"What do you want?" I flinched at his harsh tone. He noticed and his eyes softened. I relaxed and spoke quietly. "Can I go for a walk? I really need one." He nodded before getting up. He told me there was a secluded trail that I could go . I nodded and began to leave when I felt him grab my hand.

I look at him and saw his eyes glossing up. He turned me around and unexpectedly hugged me. I gasped and he hugged tighter.

"I just want to sat sorry. I didn't intend to attack you and hurt you. I'm supposed to protect you but look what I ended up doing. I'm so sorry, Aiko." He let go and collapsed on the bed, not looking on me. My eyes watered as I walked out his room.

I walked outside and followed the trail. I kept walking, my mind filling up with thoughts.

And the lingering touch of him.

--- 

A/N: Can we just stop and sit in silence as we appreciate this cute ass picture of Ayato.