Epilogue

|Aiko|

I fucking love everything about him.

His smile.

His laugh.

His hair.

His eyes.

He was my everything.

He was mine.

Pulling him close to him, I kissed him on the lips passionately. He groaned as my fingers massaged through his hair. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly and he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

We both fought for dominance but of course, he always won. Breathless, I pulled away from him panting for breath. I crashed into his chest and sighed heavily.

"I love you, baby." Ayato kissed my forehead tenderly and caressed my cheek.

"I love you more than you can ever imagine, darling." I smiled brightly at him which caused him to smile back.

Even with all that I've been through since the day we met, Ayato still felt bad for causing me so much pain. I was ok with now because we wouldn't be where we were now.

It was worth it all in the long run.

Ayato had began to teach me how to hunt for food. He insisted that he could always bring me flesh whenever I craved it but I wanted to do things for myself.

At first, I was hesitant but gradually it started to get better. Ayato knew I still felt uncomfortable but he was there when I needed him and that was all to make me feel better.

It was time for me to accept who I was fully as a ghoul and member of Aogiri Tree.

But after the battle and everything that happened, I noticed that Kaneki was a bit off. He seemed to be having a constant battle with himself and no one knew how to help him. When I tried to talk to him, he would yell at me and Ayato had punched him so hard for making me cry.

Noro and I have become best friends and Eto had became my sister. Tatara was like a fatherly figure to me so when I needed to ask questions or advice, he was there for me.

A lot of other crazy things happened too. After Ayato and I made love, we found out we could communicate through our minds. It was fucking crazy when I heard his voice in my head but it sure was fun to annoy him even when he was sitting across the room.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I loosed my grasp from Ayato before changing into some workout clothing.

(Imagine it in anime form though)

Walking out the bathroom while tying my hair, Ayato looked at me up and down. I could see the glint of hunger and lust.

"Where are you going, young lady?" Sending a mischievous smile to him, I quickly kissed him before skipping out the room.

Running out of the compound, I began running on the secluded trail behind the building. Blasting my music in my ears, I began running feeling the wind cool my skin as I ran.

Now that I was a ghoul, running was even more fun because I was so fast. Me being completely oblivious that Ayato was silently running behind me, I still kept running until I stopped at a bench and sat down.

I saw a shadow past by in front of me and I grew scared. My heart began to beat rapidly and panic formed in my chest. Then all of the sudden, I felt an arm wrap around my waist and I screamed but their other hand covered my mouth. Their body scent was such a foul odor too.

My eyes began to blur up with tears and I sniffled. I was too scared to move or think. I weakly called out to him in my mind and closed my eyes.

When I did though, the person on my body was forcefully pulled away and I dropped to the ground, trying to breath in and out. Hearing several grunts and cracking, I turned to see Ayato beating up another ghoul.

"Don't you fucking touch her , you piece of shit. She's fucking mine and only mine." Calmly touching Ayato's shoulder, he looked up at me and when he caressed my cheek softly, I bursted into tears.

" Calmly touching Ayato's shoulder, he looked up at me and when he caressed my cheek softly, I bursted into tears

Wrapping his arms around me, he hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my forehead.

"I got you babe. You're safe now." Nodding quietly, I sniffled and pulled away.

"Thank you, Ayato." Smiling at me, he held my hand and walked me back inside. When we walked in, Noro noticed my red eyes and glared at Ayato thinking he did something.

"Noro, it's alright. I was just attacked by a ghoul. Don't worry about me." He nodded before pulling me into a hug.

"Be careful from now on, Sis." He stroked my hair softly before Ayato led me away. His eyes were narrowed and a scowl on his mouth.

Someone's jealous...

He glared at me and I laughed.

Opening the door for me, I walked in and went straight to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and prepared for bed. Ayato was already in bed so I quietly slipped into bed, turning off the light.

I felt Ayato's arms wrap around my waist and he pulled me into his chest. I turned towards him and caressed his cheek, my thumb running over the light stubble.

With his eyes closed, he kissed my forehead tenderly and I kissed his lips.

"I love you, Ayato." He opened his eyes and smiled at me brightly.

"I love you too, Aiko."

Closing my eyes, I snuggled in closer. Before the darkness consumed me into peace, I was left with one thought.

Will this happiness last forever though?