Chapter 15: Just Like Him

-Aiko-

July 15th,2020

I've been feeling better lately because of him. He's been doing a lot of things for me and I couldn't help but feel happy. As I was in my room writing, he entered and I looked at him. He jumped onto my bed and sighed, still looking at me. I closed the book and turned to face him. His eyes looked at mine and it seemed like he was searching for something.

"You look like you wanna ask something...just go ahead.." I did want to ask him something. I wanted to know about his past. I wanted to know how he ended up here. I wanted to know why he was so cruel. I began to open my mouth when the scent of blood drifted into the room. My mouth began to water and my eyes flickered. Ayato noticed and he jumped up and held me tightly.

"Ayato, h-help me..." He held me tighter and my ghoul took over. I trashed around in his arms, trying to release from his hold but he was too strong. He pinned me down but I kicked him, causing him to tumble back. I ran towards the window but I tried to take back my body and I fell towards the ground. I screamed and my hands flew up to my head.

My eyes were flicking vigorously and I could taste the flesh in my mouth. Ayato came behind me, pinning my arms behind my back and I yelled. He grunted and pulled me away from the window. I kicked my legs and tried moving my hands but he had cuffed them. Ayato left the room briefly and I knew it was my chance. I unleashed my kagune and strike the cuffs. They shattered off and I ran towards the window.

I opened the window and stood on the rim about to jump out when something sharp pierced my back. I turned around to see a green liquid being injected and Ayato. My head began to swirl and my eyes got blurry. I felt my kagune disappear and I fell back, plummeting out the window. I heard my name being called but my mind was fuzzy. I couldn't think.

The cold air whipped my hair in my face and my eyes began to droop. I knew I fainted after but the last thing I could remember was seeing violet hair and I knew it was him as he catched me in his arms.

————

-Ayato-

I knew Aiko would try to escape when I left to find a tranquilizer. I rummaged through my "ghoul" related things and found a green liquid. I looked at it and I really didn't know what it was since Eto gave it to me but it had to do something right.

I ran back to her room to find her about to jump when I ran to her and stuck it in her back. She stopped and turned around, looking at me and whatever I put in her back. Her eyes clouded up and she fell back. I took me a second to take it all in and I jumped after her. I called her name but I didn't get a response. I reached out my arms and pulled her close to me.

That's when I gasped. She was steaming hot and panting heavily. Her hair was sticking to her face and I moved it away. She was turning paler by the second and I couldn't help think what did I put in her. I had noticed that I reached the ground and ran inside. I yelled at everyone to move and I reached Aogiri's hospital. I noticed Eto and Tatara were there and that's when I was screwed.

I placed her on the bed and doctors came rushing over. They asked what had happened and I winced as I told them. They nodded quickly and proceeded. Eto and Tatara rushed over to the commotion and when they saw Aiko and how bad she looked, their eyes turned to me. Tatara rushed up to me and he looked mad.

"What happened?!?! Don't tell me her life is in danger again because if it is, you are dead." I explained everything to him and when I was done, I was met with a slap to my face and Eto's shocked face.

"Ayato, don't tell me you put that...oh no" I looked at her and she was trembling. "What do you mean?"

Even with those bandages covering her face, I could tell her face was scrunched up in horror. "That green liquid is Rc suppressants."

When those words came out her mouth, I almost fainted on the spot. Rc suppressants. That amount was probably enough to kill her.

Oh no.

Everything was blank and I couldn't remember anything except the fact that the girl I was falling for was going to die again because of me. It brought back painful memories of what my father did to my mother before she finally died.

And that's when it all hit me.

I was just like my father