Chapter 29

I'm laying snuggled up in Chris' warm arms. I'm on cloud nine right now, I can hardly believe what just happened.

(Did Chris really just say all those things to me? That he was in love with me? Was it just in the heat of the moment? God I hope not. I'm half expecting him to jump up and say, we can't ever do that again.)

"Ellie, you've gone very quiet, are you ok?"

"Oh, I was just thinking about some things."

"Care to share your thoughts?"

"Well, it's silly really. I'm just finding it hard to believe that this is all real, I mean that you meant everything that you said?"

Chris places his hand on my cheek and turns my face up to look at him.

"Ellie, I meant every single word that I said. My only regret is leaving it this long to tell you, and also letting you bring all of your stuff back here, only for you to have to pack it all up again and bring it back to New York."

"What? Do you mean.... Do I still have my job?"

"If you'll accept it, I couldn't imagine anyone else for the position."

"Oh Chris, of course I'll accept. I absolutely loved working on this project and I'd love to help you on your future ones."

"That's brilliant, I'm so happy you feel that way."

"Although, I think it would be best for me to get a place of my own, I mean it might be a bit fast for us to live together if we're, you know.... doing this kind of stuff!"

"Yes I suppose, although I wouldn't say no to having you in my bed every night to do this stuff."

"I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement."

"I like the sounds of that."

"What are we going to do know, I mean about the others, you were to drop me back to the house, they'll be wondering where I am?"

"It's up to you, we could head to your house and tell them the news? I suppose Jake will be worrying if you don't come home."

"Yeah he does tend to do that. Hey, why don't you stay in our house, I mean with me, instead of the hotel, that's if you want to?"

"Ellie, I've wasted too much time already not being with you so yes I'll stay with you tonight. Let me just grab my stuff and I'll check out."

"And maybe put some clothes on, you don't want giving the hotel receptionist a heart attack."

"You just don't want anyone else seeing this body!"

"For sure. And don't you ever forget it."

We get dressed and Chris gathers up his stuff. We head to the elevator, as the doors close Chris pulls me against him and presses his lips against mine, it's a slow but deep, passionate kiss that sends a tingling feeling in between my legs. This man has such a hold over my body.

The sound of the elevator doors opening breaks us from our brief intimate moment.

Chris checks out of the hotel while I stand there in a hot mess. Is it possible to constantly want to rip someone's clothes off and jump on top of them? Even just standing at the reception desk, I'm mentally undressing him, thinking about our next hot and steamy session. It's official I'm totally addicted to Chris.

"You ready?"

"Huh? Oh.... Yeah, I... Sure."

"Miss Summers is it possible that you were having some naughty thoughts about me just now?"