Chapter 39

We pull up outside my house as jake opens the door for us.

"There you two are, come on in."

Jake pulls me and Chris into a big embrace.

"Ugh Jake you're squeezing all of my insides out."

"Whoops, sorry guys, I'm just so happy to see you both. I can't believe it's really happening tomorrow."

We all make our way inside and sit down.

"Yes, the time has certainly went by fast." Chris says.

"So, Lily and Ryan are on their way, they should be here soon. Ryan is staying here with you guys and Lily and I are staying at the hotel."

"Our parents are actually staying there too, so you might see them." Chris says with a smile.

"It's great that the Chapel is literally around the corner from the hotel. I'll meet you at the hotel in the morning so?"

"Yes, that's the plan Jake."

The doorbell suddenly rings.

"Oh, that must be Lily and Ryan. I'll get it."

I rush to the door and open it. Lily practically pounces on my as she wraps me in a big hug.

"Aw sister, I've missed you."

"Eh, Lily you saw me yesterday?"

"Oh you know what I mean."

I roll my eyes at Lily before turning my attention to Ryan.

"Hi Ryan."

"Hey Ellie, how are the nerves?"

"Ah not too bad. I don't think it's all sunk in just yet."

"You'll be fine. I happen to have a calming affect on people. You'll be lovely and relaxed after our night at the hotel."

Ryan and I chuckle at Lily's words.

"Seriously? Calming is not a word I'd use to describe you Lily, no offence."

"Yeah yeah. Anyway, are we going to head to the hotel? We'll let the guys have their boring conversation."

"Em, yeah I suppose we could. I might just steal Chris for a few minutes before we go."

"Ew seriously? Surely you can wait for those sort of shenanigans until tomorrow night?!"

"Jeez Lily, I didn't mean that. I just want to talk to him."

"Hmm.... Sure, just like all the little talks you have in your office."

I roll my eyes at Lily as we enter the living room.

"Chris can I speak to you for a few minutes?"

"Sure."

We walk up to my bedroom. I close the door as we enter the room.

"Is everything okay Ellie? You're not having second thoughts are you?"

I chuckle at the thought. (As if?!)

"God no, nothing like that. I just wanted a few moments alone with you before I leave for the hotel."

"Aw, are you going to miss me?"

"Yes, I actually can't stand the thought of being away from you tonight."

Chris wraps his arms around me as he looks into my eyes.

"It won't be for long, soon you'll have me all to yourself for the rest of your life."