Chapter 34

It's Saturday morning, I've to get ready for my day of dress shopping with Lily. I definitely opt for comfortable flat shoes, if there's one thing I know about Lily it's that the girl can shop. She won't be happy until she has searched every shop in town.

Chris is still sleeping, I just give him a kiss on the forehead. I don't want to wake him. He's worked so hard all week. I told him I'd bring home some food tonight.

As I get to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat an uncontrollable wave of nausea comes over me. I run to the bathroom for fear of what's to come but nothing happens. I make a few attempts at being sick but still nothing comes up. I grab a glass of water deciding to skip on breakfast, I don't think I could stomach it.

I grab my bag and coat as I hear Lily's car pull up outside. I hop into the passenger side as Lily turns to greet me.

"Good morning sister, you all set?"

"I think so."

"Hey are you okay? You look a little pale."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired."

"Eww, stop right there, I don't want to hear what has you so tired."

"Oh relax, we were just up watching movies, nothing naughty like you're thinking."

"Hmm, well that's a first!"

We park at the shopping centre and make our way inside. My nausea hasn't improved since I left the house, if anything Lily's driving definitely didn't help. Anyway I have to get on with things, this is Lily's day.

"So there's a couple of shops here that I want to look in. I saw one lovely dress in one of the bridal shops, and also some nice dresses for my maid of honor."

"No problem Lily, lead the way."

We go into the first shop and Lily gets me to try on about six different dresses, all of which she didn't really like, which was a relief because I didn't like them either.

"You know what we need now? A little coffee break, with some chocolate cake obviously."

"We have barely been looking for an hour?!"

"What can I say, shopping is hungry work."

"Hmmm....come on so."

We take a seat in a coffee shop nearby and Lily orders us two cappuccinos and two slices of chocolate cake.

The waitress places our order down on the table. As I glance at the chocolate cake, my stomach starts to churn. I know what's coming next.....

"I'm not feeling too good, I'll be back in a minute."

I jump from the chair and make a run for the bathroom. I just about make it into the cubicle before I vomit what I can only guess was my dinner from last night, as I haven't eaten a crumb since.

"Ellie? Are you okay in there?"

"Eh, yeah..... I think so."

I leave the cubicle to see a concerned Lily looking at me. I go to the sink and splash my face with water.

"Were you just sick in there?"

"Yeah, I guess I ate something funny yesterday."

"Hmm... Are you sure that's all it could be?"

"Well yeah, why?"

"When was your last period?"

"What? Oh Lily, I'm not pregnant relax."

"Are you certain? I mean surely it's a possibility?"

"No it's not, just because my tummy is a bit funny one morning does not mean that I'm pregnant. I'm only just finished my period anyway."