Chapter 14

"Let. Her. Go."

I was released. I coughed and tried to establish normal breathing. I turned my head. There stood Lux, Ventress, and Bo-Katan, weapons at the ready.

Maul only dropped me because he lost focus when he turned to look. After breathing for a second, I kicked his stomach. He staggered backward, dropping the saber.

"Ahsoka, catch!" Bo-Katan threw me my lightsabers. Ventress walked up beside me, and we engaged Maul in combat.

The guards stood back, stunned. Bo-Katan went over to talk to them and they eventually all left. Lux went with them.

We fought for at least 10 minutes. We ended up in the courtyard. Ventress made a bold move. She attacked. Maul anticipated her every move. He stabbed her in the stomach. She fell.

I had to move quickly. I used the force to push Maul off the balcony that had a nice view of the city and grabbed Ventress. I jumped to the roof of the building.

I had done some healing training at the temple, thanks to Barriss. I knew a trick or two that could work.

I placed my hand on her forehead. I concentrated on making the wound smaller. It was sort of working. I pulled out some cloth that I always keep with me and tried to stop he bleeding. That's the bad thing about the Darksaber. It doesn't work like other sabers; it usually acts more like a dagger in terms of wound gruesomeness. I shuddered.

I could feel her fading away. But she was going to make it. There was a hospital just down the block. I left the roof and ran for a speeder.

I ran her in and she was treated immediately. I sat oustide and waited for a while. Lux came. I guess he got the message that we were here.