Chapter 17

After rigorous searching, I found Korkie and his friends. They were still at the academy thankfully. After saying hello and all that we discussed his views on the new Mandalore.

I asked him to notify me when something of something important happened regarding Maul or Death Watch. He and his friends said they would certainly do so.

Feeling accomplished, I went to go find the ship that Lux had come with. He was supposed to pick me up at 7, but no one was here yet. I sat down on a nearby bech and waited.

After about 10 minues, a small bus arrived. Lux got up and ran over.

"Sorry. Long story short, our ship no longer exists. We have to take a city transport ship to Coruscant instead. We can figure out how to get back to Alderaan when we get there."

"Ok. That works I guess. Let's go." We ran back to the bus and sat down.

Within 30 minutes, we were on board a transport to Coruscant. There were tons of important things on board. I could sense them. There were red Death Watch officers stationed at every entry point. I had a regular cloak on to hide my sabers, but nothing more.

We decided to act as normal as possible and get some dinner. There was a free buffet on the upper level. We walked through the door and past the guards. Then, we got in the lift and went to the buffet area.

We stuffed our plates with food and sat down in a table towards the back. The two of us ate and chatted for about 30 minutes. It was nice to have something other than ration bars for a meal.

All went well until I felt a slight disturbance in the force. Something was coming. I must have done something not normal because Lux asked about it.

"You ok?"

"Sort of. I sense something. Something familiar."

"What kind of something?"

I closed my eyes thought for a minute. The ship suddenly jerked to the right. The red emergency lights came on. I heard someone laugh, probably through the force, and I knew exactly who was causing it.

"Hondo."