"Yes or No?"

"Josh where are we going? Are we outside? I hear birds & cars." Josh chuckles. "Ok, now... Open your eyes." Josh says to you & he takes off the blindfold & you open your eyes to look down & see Josh on one knee looking up at you.
Everything was blurry still from the blindfold but once your eyes adjusted you first caught sight of Adam across the block with his hands crossed & with a speculating look on his face.

You were trying to figure out why he had that sorta look on his face & then finally you understood why. You looked down to see Josh in full focus on his knees holding out a diamond ring in a mini box.

"Hi darling, I know everything between us hasn't been so great sometimes even though everything has gone pretty well for us today I want to make your day a day to remember. One to think back too. Amy, will you marry me?" Josh says as your eyes widened & your hands went on each side of Josh's cheeks. "Yes or no?" Josh says finally.

I can't do this... Not now. I have to say no. I don't want to upset Adam but I also don't want to upset Josh. But I have to upset Josh just so I can be with Adam.

"Josh... No, I can't say yes to this. I'm sorry I broke your heart just now. Josh for now let's just be girlfriend & boyfriend not husband & wife. Now will you excuse me I have to go talk to someone. Thanks for the necklace though." You say walking away leaving Josh on both of his knees filling his eyes with water.

You walked towards Adam with tears beginning to cover your eyes. Adam was smiling...
Was he happy with your decision? Or was it something else?

"Adam... You'll be pleased to know I said no to him. To his proposal." You say breathing heavy. "I'm glad you did." Adam says as you cross your hands. "Come on, let's go for a walk in the park shall we." Adam says as you stop crossing your arms & allow one of your hands to hold Adam's while the other waves around, forward & back, near your leg.

When you both arrive at the park you continue to both walk until you reach a bridge over a lake. You looked down at the water to see your reflection. You smiled then moved away from looking down & looked up at Adam who looked down at you when you came into contact with his own hazel eyes.

You slapped him across the face. You did it again & again until Adam grabbed your hand & stopped you from slapping him again & in an instant Adam leaned in & kissed you.
You were shocked, so shocked that you actually wanted to kiss him more than slap him.

When Adam pulled away from the kiss he thought about slapping you & see if you would stop him but he didn't bother to do it to you.
"When did you learn to stop a person from slapping you when they're hand is already so close?" You say as Adam giggles. "Let's just say that I learned a couple things about dancing & stop slapping from Mr. Wesley..."
You grinned & laughed & tapped his shoulder.

"When you get the chance to... Can you teach me?" "Sure, but probably only the dancing part I don't want you to learn stop slapping just yet. I wanna wait." Adam says as you giggle. Adam I'm thirty at least let me try." You say as Adam comes at you with his first slap & you grab his hand immediately paying close attention to where his hand was trying to go.
"Damn, you're already good. You are so full of surprises." Adam says as you smile & approach him.
As you do you continue to get as close as you can until your chest touches his.

"Adam, what do we do now?" Adam sighs at that question then he picks you up & carries you like a bride away from the park into his house.

Adam set you down at the front door because he had to lock the door shut & close the blinds. While he did that you saw another door on the back of the wall. Then you saw a window close to it that wasn't fully shut. You walked over & peaked a saw a ranch like deck sitting low above the grass underneath it.