Good News!

That night on your way back to Brooklyn with Adam you look out your window as you pass Josh's house to see his girlfriend standing on the front porch.
You didn't wave but you grinned a small grin.

"Who is it?" Adam asks as he parks the car on the side of the road. "That's Josh's new girlfriend, Nat. I know I shouldn't like her because she's the new girlfriend to Josh but honestly I kinda like her. At least for who she is as a person." You say. "Mhm. Well that's nice. Come on, let's head inside & get some rest. I'm thinking Mr. Wesley is going to wanna see us tomorrow." Adam says as you get out of the car with Adam, lock the doors, & walk inside & lock the door once inside.

As you take off your shoes & set your bag on the couch you go upstairs & go into your room to close & lock your door & sit on your bed alone with tears filling your eyes.
Once you heard Adam coming upstairs you whipped your eyes & unlocked the door to find Adam standing at your door looking down at you.

"Are you ok? I heard you were upset." Adam asks. "I am upset Adam. & it's not about Josh." You say. "Well if it's not about Josh who is it about?" Adam asks. "Its about our baby, Adam. Remember, the day we went to the hospital for me to get checked on the doctor said the baby is in the wrong place. I want to know if she still is in the wrong place or not because I don't wanna have a miscarriage like my mom did with her first baby that was supposed to be but wasn't." You say. "Look, your not gonna have a miscarriage. I promise you that. I'll call the hospital in the morning to see what time they can bring you in. Until then just get some rest. Love you." Adam says. "Love you too." You say as Adam kisses your forehead & then walks away to go into his room & shut the door.

Once you heard Adam's door shut you sat down on your bed & prayed.

Please, if you can hear me from way up in the clouds above... Tell me, tell me, our baby girl is gonna be ok & my life will end with happy memories. I don't wanna leave with bad memories. I just wanna know that everything is gonna be ok... Amen...

After you prayed you laid your body down on your bed & closed your eyes & fell into a deep sleep.

7:35AM

It was early morning & you woke up to turn on your side & see that a cardinal was sitting on the window sill outside.

You didn't want to scare it away but you wanted to get closer to the window.
You got up out of your bed & stretched & walked over quietly & before you knew it you were as close as you could be to the window looking at the bird.

At one point the bird looked at you & did for awhile until it decided to leave & fly away.

When you looked into the birds eyes you thought back to all the people you have lost... Your parents, your sister, & now Josh. But he wasn't injured in an accident you just broke up with him so he counts as someone you have lost.

*knocking*

"Adam?" You say turning to look at your door. "It's me. No one else. Can I come in?" Adam asks. "You don't have to ask permission if you can come in. Just walk in." You say as Adam opens the door & sits down on your now messy bed.
"Are you ok?" Adam asks. "Yeah it's just. Look I just saw a cardinal on the window sill outside & it looked at me & reminded me of all the people I lost." You say. "Aw. Babe, I'm sorry you thought of all the people you have lost. Well, I called the hospital this morning & they said we can come in anytime today. You wanna go get ready?" Adam asks as you nod. "Yeah, I'll go get ready." You say as Adam gets off the bed, kisses your forehead, & then leaves shutting your door once he exits.