Part 18

Ruining a huge moment, a nurse barged in.

"Great! You're awake!" She excitedly spoke. Her energy irked me.

"Could you sign your forms for the care center, darling?" she grinned.

She passed me a clipboard and pen with a huge smile, unaware of how annoyed I was. I was just speaking to my crush, I mean... give a girl a break! Oh wait, they didn't consider me a normal teen! They thought I was some self-harming freak!

I groaned and yanked the clipboard from her, trying my best to turn her smile into a frown. Justin quietly giggled at my attempt to be rude. I signed the papers, feeling myself getting emotional again, and quickly handed them back. I didn't want to examine my pass to a mental ward. They called it a care center, but I could just picture all of the injured, emo kids piled up with ebony makeup all over their faces.

Upon leaving the room, she turned around with less excitement. "Would you like some breakfast?" she questioned, thankfully without a high pitch.

I laughed meticulously in a way to show I was not to be messed with. "I'll get something better on my way out of this place." I hissed the word place to make sure it was equivalent to calling it jail. I couldn't spend another waking second on a flat plastic mattress in the middle of a freezing, empty room. She rolled her eyes slightly and I grinned knowing I fufilled my goals of angering her.

Justin playfully smacked my shoulder once she'd exited. "You're such a bitch." he chuckled.

"I hate this place." I replied, standing up and stretching. "Let's go." I grabbed his hand, feeling a warm rush of excitement flow up my arm.

We walked out to the lobby hand-in-hand and signed me out, Justin receiving some sort of papers to the care facility and a prescription. Probably an unnecessary antidepressant.

We got in his range rover, not noticing a papparazzi snap a picture of our hand holding along with my admitted hospital band.

On our way to the facility, we'd stopped at a run-down Shoney's about an hour through the journey. He taught me the art of keeping your head down casually in case of fans and we walked in both looking at our feet. Justin's phone buzzed as we reached the hostess that would lead us to our table.

"What?! Trending? Jelena's over? But, how?!" he paused... "A picture?! Text it to me!" He hurriedly hung up and desperately waited for another phone alert.

I tapped on his shoulder in curiosity.

"It was Scooter." his manager, I recalled... "There's a picture spread completely through the Internet of us holding hands." and with that sentence, his phone beeped.

He opened the text and turned the phone so we could both see it. You could clearly read the words "Suicide Attempt" on my bracelet where the reason for hospital admission was printed. My mouth gaped in shame. Worldwide, people thought I was some emo freak. I ran out the double doors and collapsed on the cement bench, sobbing loudly. Not only was I going to be in a mental ward, I was being depicted as some emo freak all over the Internet as well.