ʚ1ɞ

i assumed it was six in the morning, and i opened my eyes a bit. the sunlight seeped through my thin curtains and brightly shined on my face. i turned around so i was laying in my side.

sounds of chatter could be heard outside my room. my friends were awake.

then, i just stared at the wall, and laid still, as if i was paralyzed. i didn't want to leave my bed. you may wonder, why? today was the start of another year of the UN academy, where i will just humiliate myself in front of other countries. it was one of the places i despised, for i usually get picked on and threatened to be invaded-by much bigger nations!

ms. russia was the main reason why i didn't want to go. she would always treat me as if i was an object, literally. my renewal of independence was only nine years ago, and russia still picks on me, no matter what i do to get away from her.

but i felt tired again. so i closed my eyes for a little. however, a certain thing jumped on me.

"OW!" i shouted, and sat up, to see estonia on me.

"tere hommikust, latvia!" she exclaimed, and threw the blankets off of me.

"hey- estonia- stop! it's cold!" i said, and took the blankets back.

estonia rolled her eyes. "i don't care, now get up! we're going to the united nations academy- it's the first day!"

i groaned and went under the covers.

"go away! i don't want to go."

"ugh, you're so difficult," estonia sighed, and i felt her get off me. "why don't you want to go, latvia? this is something important we HAVE to go to!!"

"you know, russia. and sweden. and big countries." i replied. "and i don't care if it's important!"

...

"you know," estonia pulled the blanket off of me again. "you need to face your fears, lat. like, you've been going to meetings with big countries! this isn't your first time."

-"besides, this is our second year of academy. so act tough, not like a scared little mouse!" she said, encouragingly.

i sighed. i really didn't want to go. and i meant it. i didn't want to see russia, and germany, and the other big nations. that place is horrible.

"," i simply replied.

"what?- ugh! läti, i'm serious! now get up. we should get going in about two hours. i shall choose your clothing for you!"

the clothing estonia would want me to wear were usually feminine. i never really liked it. i preferred masculine clothing.

"i'll choose my clothing on MY own this time."

"huh?! you don't want a cute blue dress?!"

"no. i don't like that clothing." i sighed, and got up and went to my wardrobe.

estonia would fill my wardrobe with pretty much feminine stuff. but fortunately, i would usually borrow clothing from lithuania, who has the opposite of what estonia has.

"you know what, i'm borrowing from lithuania."

"fine!"

and so, i wore a light brown sweater with a white collared shirt underneath, and dark brown jeans. i put on that one flower hat estonia made me.

i know, it wasn't REALLY fancy for going to an important place with many countries. but it was the only good thing i could find in lithuania's closet.

then, i headed to the small main room of our apartment. estonia and lithuania were there, just having a conversation in the kitchen.

"oh, sveika, latvija." lithuania greeted. "it's about time. why were you in so late?! you should've got out of your little cave sooner!"

i just sat on the stool, exhausted. "ehhhhh,"

"you act like an angsty teen." estonia commented. "you're cynical!"

"oh- hush up!" i said, annoyed.

lithuania slightly laughed a bit. "anyways, want some fruit ? cause we gotta go to academy today for about seven hours. i don't want you to starve there!" she said, taking out a few fruit. "and we only have a small lunch break."

"no thanks."

"really!? okay then, but take this orange just in case- and estonia packed you your stuff! your bags are in my room." lithuania said.

i nodded, and lithuania gave me the fruit. then, i got up and got to lithuania's room.

i had a bad feeling about what estonia packed me. it would usually be very unessential stuff.

and i went to lithuania's room, and took my academy bag, my ice hockey bag, and my drawing bag from lithuania's bed. and then i went back to the main room.

i set the bags on the small dining table, and opened my academy bag. i looked through it. everything was packed neatly.

so there was my jacket, phone, wallet, books- makeup?!

i just sighed, and zipped the bag closed. we were going to go to the bus stop in an hour.
তততততততততততত

4•9•2021

oh yay a new book-
hhh idk if people will see it though-. ﹏╥
written by @ioliite

[note]
latvia-he//him
estonia-she//her
lithuania-she//they

words - 843