Chapter 1: Addiction

Monika POV

I was walking across the hallway. It was completely quiet that the only sound filling the entire school was my footsteps. I take the clubroom keys out of my bag and unlock the club door. I'm extremely early. Even one of the teachers told me that i was one of the first students to show up this early in school.

They also told me that the other students here were members of the art club drawing and the others hanging out and playing games on they're phone. The teacher then leaves as i close the club door behind me. 

I sigh and drop my school bag next to my seat. What do i do now? Should i just....write a poem? hmm. I already wasted the entire night writing a actually good poem so i guess i should sleep a little. 

No i shouldn't! What if another club member comes early to find out that i'm just sleeping. This is my club and my responsibility. Maybe i should just go on social media and post something? Like making a instagram story about being up early? No that won't be interesting.

Hmm....Or maybe i should read a book...It's really my opinion on what i should do. Oh screw it ill just read a book! I reach to my bag and open it. I go through all of the things in there still no book. All is in my bag is just my pencil case, my poem, my notebook and some books i'll need to use for class.

Even if those books have stories in them they're just not interesting at all. They're very short and focus on fantasy. I haven't read a romance book though...It's a suprise i haven't read one yet. Especially since my crush is MC. Hmm...I should go to the library and get one! That should kill some time and i will have a new book to read!

I go out of the club room closing the door behind me. As I march my way to the library i manage to see the students that we're just playing games on they're phones and talking. One of them looks at me and forces a frown on they're face.

"What are you looking at little miss popular?" The guy put his phone in his pocket as if he was ready to punch me in the face or something. I roll my eyes and continue going to the library not even bothering to look back.

I open the library door as the lady working in the library says good morning sweetly. I say it back to her as well and continued on doing what i wanted to do. I searched for some books that seemed interesting. None of them really we're I look behind me and.....

It's Yuri! Yuri jumps a bit holding a book in her hands. "A-ah! Good morning Monika i d-didn't see you there." Yuri calms down a bit and forces a weak smile on her face. "Hey Yuri...mind telling me what that book is?" 

"Oh! T-this? It's a horror novel about a hunter who wen't hunting for deers and other animals but discovered something completely else." Yuri said as she looks away holding the book tightly. "Seems interesting! Well i'm here to look for a romance novel. Do you know any good ones i can get here?"

"No not really...I have read one about valentines day but it was basically the same as all the other romance books. So no n-not really." 

"Alright then!  Kinda sad but thank you anyways...we should head to the club. Maybe some members came back!" I sad as i crossed my arms.

"Oh! R-r-right..." Yuri then puts her book in her school bag and head to the club room with me. 

I open the club door and see Sayori and MC. Sayori was drawing while MC was writing something. I'm guessing a poem. Sayori lifts her head up looking me straight in the eye. "Where were you? We we're waiting AGES for you to be here." Sayori yells.

"Yeah yeah like i don't need to wait ages for you to wake up Sayori." Says MC. Sayori being really offended she answer MC by saying "Meanie..".