chapter 7: Closer

Before You read I would like to note that this chapter might be the longest chapter!

-------------------------------------------------

Monika POV

I wake up on the wooden floor. I stretch my arms and legs. I yawn and hold on yo the bed beside me to hold on to something. I slowly stand up. I stand up eventually and look around my surroundings. Oh...this is Yuri's house. Did we end up having an entire sleepover? I mean I just wanted to stop by yuri's place yesterday not entirely stay over for the night. I look down and see that Yuri was still sleeping on the floor. I should check to see what day it is.

Oh! It's Saturday. I don't need to go to school so I have nothing to worry about. It's already 11:34 o'clock? I thought It would be way earlier. Doesn't matter.I hear a slight yawn. I look down. It urns out that Yuri woke up. She looks up to me. "W-what time is it?" Yuri rubs her eye while stretching the other one. "It's 11:34 o'clock." Yuri has was struggling with standing with standing up. I lend her my hand to help her get up.

She takes it and slowly stands up. I hear my phone make a notification sound. I take it and take a look at the notification. "W-who is i-it?" Yuri peeks over to my phone. It's MC...he said that he just had a call from Sayori's mom..." This can't be good. Knowing what happened yesterday I'm guessing something happened to Sayori. I text him back.

Monika: Really? What happened?

MC: She told me that yesterday at night Sayori was crying uncontrollably and screaming. 

MC: They even got many complaints from their neighbours.

Monika: Oh god! That sounds bad.

MC: She said that she took Sayori back to the hospital.

Monika: Is she okay now?

MC: I don't know. But her mom said that Sayori wanted to give me a letter that she wrote.

Monika: Can me and Yuri come too?

MC: Sure! It'd be only fair if her friends came to check up on her.

Monika: Okay! I'll tell you when we're ready!

After that MC went offline. Me and Yuri were getting ready as soon as possible. I didn't have my casual clothes with me so Yuri allowed me to borrow her's. 

At the hospital

Me, Yuri and MC enter the emergency doors. Moving as quickly as is allowed, we find the reception desk, and explain we're here to visit Sayori. They give us Sayori's room number. We move quickly to the mental health wing. We find her number and enter the room. "Sayori..." Sayori jumps a bit and looks at MC who was calling her name. "MC.." Sayori's mother leaves the room to give us privacy. "You wanted us to..visit you..."

"I knew you'd come..." Sayori looked back at the window as if she was admiring the view of happy people crossing the road. "Sayori, what's the matter? You wanted us to come here. and we told you, we're always here for you." Sayori keeps ignoring us. "Speak to us.." Sayori finally gives us attention and speaks to us. "Well last night I wanted to...but all I could hear through the door was you, MC" MC jumps a bit. 

"You and her laughing...and it was like the two of you were laughing at me." What? What does she mean? Does she mean? I think MC knows what's going on..."Sayori, you don't understand-" before MC could say anything else Sayori speaks. "No, I get it. It makes perfect sense." Sayori slightly smiles. "Sayori, I-"

"Do you know how much it hurts to see you so happy? To know that I'll never be needed? It feels like a knife being plunged into my chest, MC. Over and over and over again. And I-I can't stand it anymore." How can Sayori be keeping a smile while saying all of these horrible things? "Sayori, I know you're probably jealous of me hanging out with Natsuki all of the time but-"